#11 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(Statler @ Sep 16 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post
Any chance of some info from those who have bought tickets recently so we can get some idea of just how heavy ticket sales have been on this?  Roughly when have you booked for, weekend or midweek, and how much choice did you have in booking seats?  Would be useful to know for those of us waiting for the public sale.  Thanks

Priority bookers have been limited to 4 tickets per person so there is still a fairly good availability for the 3 month run (which is quite a long run for the Donmar).

The max of 4 tickets will also apply when the general public booking opens.

#12 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

I did book my full 4 as I expect a number of people did. But don't fret..you will get tix. Othello isn't a fave rave.

#13 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

Yes...something about only being allowed 4 made me book 4. Otherwise I might only have got 2. smile.gif

#14 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(Statler @ Sep 16 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post
Any chance of some info from those who have bought tickets recently so we can get some idea of just how heavy ticket sales have been on this?  Roughly when have you booked for, weekend or midweek, and how much choice did you have in booking seats?  Would be useful to know for those of us waiting for the public sale.  Thanks
Judging from the incredibly involved booking form which asked for many alternatives of price and date the demand must be very high. However, on a more comforting note, I got my first choice of price and date. smile.gif

Sebastian

#15 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

In case anyone hasn't got their advance  tickets yet, I rang the box office today and was told they are still working their way through the orders and there was no need to worry until a few days before public  booking opens. But, as has been said, I'm sure there will be tickets available for the non-members.

#16 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(Lynette @ Sep 12 2007, 08:12 PM) View Post
I have seen queues at the Donmar waiting outside when it has been a 'sell out' and the first few do get in.

I went from Wales to London on I think the last day of Grand Hotel.  

I'd been phoning the Donmar daily for weeks about Returns, but there was never even 1 (I only wanted 1).

On the day, Day Tickets (or maybe Returns which were available by then?)  had been on sale from 10am -
but they'd all gone before I got there.

However, even though I'd travelled from Wales in the morning, I was the first in the Returns queue, I think about 1pm.
(I'm not sure whether 1pm was when I arrived,
or was when they let the queue start,
or was when they started selling Returns?

Anyway, I soon had a lovely zany lady to chat with (musicals-mad like me!) -
& I got in!  

If I remember rightly, the first 6 or 7 from the queue got tickets
(though some might have had to sit separately from their partners -
it can be a bit of a gamble: whether to take 2 singles if offered,
or whether to let the singles go to single people in the queue & wait & hope for a pair).

My main reason for hoping to see Grand Hotel was because of the lovely Daniel Evans (who hails from down this way) -
though I was delighted to discover the dishy Julian Ovenden!

And, in the audience (& he spoke to me before the show!): Samuel West!

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

Having started this discussion I just thought I'd confirm that I arrived at the Donmar at 8.15am today (1st day of public booking) There were about 30 people in the queue in front of me. The theatre opened at 9am & by 9.45am I was the very happy possessor of 3 FRONT ROW tickets for a date in January. People in the queue were in contact with friends who were trying to book by phone & on line - apparently the phone was constantly engaged & the booking online crashed. Don't want to crow but I am SERIOUSLY pleased with myself rolleyes.gif

#18 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

after hours of trying i got the last two tickets in the stalls at the matinee performance on the 7th of feb - very happy!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#19 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(Laughingmonsta @ Oct 15 2007, 01:27 PM) View Post
after hours of trying i got the last two tickets in the stalls at the matinee performance on the 7th of feb - very happy!

I tried for hours too and finally got two for Jan 5th! Not even together!
My sister would have gone nuts if I didn't get them so I'm really glad I eventually did. laugh.gif
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#20 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

Just had a nosy at the Donmar's website.. every single show is now showing as 'very limited' (which I believe translates to the half dozen or so restricted seats only).

I thought it would be popular but bloody hell. No pressure, Ewan laugh.gif
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users