Othello

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_achilles_*_*

Guest_Guest_achilles_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:27 PM

how did everyone get on with booking the RSC Hamlet tickets this morning. Oh the power of TV!

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

Hamlet/Love's Labour's Lost have been available to the public for a few days I think

#23 Jake

Jake

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I had 3 phones on the go plus 2 laptops, and managed to get through on the phone by 10:10am. The internet was being very slow, and showed all seats as sold out. In the end, got 2 stalls side seats for a Saturday in December. I'm amazed!

#24 Alnoor

Alnoor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

After trying all day I got through around 15.35 pm and hey--all seats sold out.

Alnoor

#25 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

I got onto the website at 9.00, and though it was incredibly slow, thankfully it didn't crash (at least not for me), though I can understand why people would think it HAD crashed when it took more than 5 minutes for every single page/step to load. I managed to get the last stalls ticket for Jan 3rd, which in the end took 45 minutes from start to finish. I was a bit worried that it was so slow that it would time out and the ticket be relased to someone else, but after much worrying I finally got the confirmation page to load  biggrin.gif

//Jenny
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#26 Michael

Michael

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

No luck at all here. Looks like I picked the wrong year to let my Friends membership lapse. sad.gif

I see that Ambassadors in their newsmail are promoting this as the Ewan McGregor show (not that they need to promote it at all any more).

#27 Statler

Statler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

Got lucky after about an hour and a half of trying at 10.30.  Got front row in the circle for a Friday night in February - pleased and surprised as only Friday or Saturday were any good.

#28 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:51 AM

Someone I know started ringing just after 9 and by the afternoon still hadn't got through. I started at the same time, and got through after about 12 attempts. Over the years I've seemed blessed when it comes to this sort of thing... for which I give constant thanks! It helped that I only needed a single and managed to get just about my favourite seat in the house, stalls B13 - aisle with no seats in front - on a cheap Monday in Feb.

I initially tried the website but even on good days I don't like that ATG system, it always seems to just go off and leave me hanging there.

I can take or leave McGregor by the way - I'm mainly going in order to ogle Kelly Reilly.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#29 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Alnoor @ Oct 15 2007, 03:38 PM) View Post
After trying all day I got through around 15.35 pm and hey--all seats sold out.

Alnoor

I got tickets too. In fact, I'm struggling to think of any play that I have failed to get tickets for through the "normal" advance booking process.

#30 Trev

Trev

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

blink.gif Any-one who hasn't managed to get a ticket for Othello need not despair, there is a ticket going on e-bay for a mere 1,000, so if you are free on December 14th....... (a slight mark-up from the 15 face value Je*** F****** C***** I'm in the wrong business)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users