The League of Gentlemen/Canal Café Theatre

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_League of Locals_*

Guest_League of Locals_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hello,

I'm desperately trying to find any material relating to The League of Gentlemen's appearances at the Canal Cafe Theatre during 1996.

My friend and I are currently organising a Meet Up for League fans which is being held at the Canal Cafe in August:-

www.thisisalocalshop.com/

We'd love to be able to display memorabilia of the Gents' performances there - posters, flyers, reviews etc.

The Canal Cafe Theatre have looked for me but couldn't come up with anything. Likewise an advert placed in 'Time Out' drew a blank. PBJ, the League's management company, are currently trying to track down items for me but so far they're not having much luck either.

I was wondering if you could possibly suggest any contacts who might know where or how I may be able to obtain anything at all on The League's appearances at the Canal Cafe Theatre. Would anyone know of anywhere I might find some material...or does anyone out there maybe have some old flyers, posters etc?

It was over ten years ago so I know the chances are slim, but I'm determined to explore every avenue possible.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

#2 hiphopmama

hiphopmama

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

A long shot but have you tried E-Bay..Good luck

#3 Guest_League of Locals_*

Guest_League of Locals_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(hiphopmama @ Feb 22 2007, 03:15 PM) View Post
A long shot but have you tried E-Bay..Good luck

Yes I checked Ebay first of all & nothing at all, not even when I posted up a 'Want It Now' request...

#4 hiphopmama

hiphopmama

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:44 PM

Web-sites? second hand shops? try posting in shop windows?...there has to be a network out there somewhere who has memorabelia but if i hear of anything then i"ll let you know ASAP but good luck in the meantime

#5 Guest_league of locals_*

Guest_league of locals_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(League of Locals @ Feb 22 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post
Yes I checked Ebay first of all & nothing at all, not even when I posted up a 'Want It Now' request...

Many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users