Jekyl & Hyde Musical With Marti Pellow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Alice_*

Guest_Alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

I have just been to see Jekyll and Hyde today as an early birthday gift... I had never seen it before but I loved the music I had heard and although I could SEE potential for an AMAZING show... I have to say Marti Pellow ruined it for me. I didn't understand I word he said. I didn't realise it was him until after the show so this is an unbiased view... He sounded breathless, had poor diction and he looked rigid and lifeless in his acting. I felt like the ensemble numbers were a relief if I am completely honest. I'm sorry to all you fans out there... He just isn't for musical theatre and it saddens me that the more talented people loose their chance because they aren't famous.

#12 savethekakapo

savethekakapo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

I loved the score or at least the concept recording with Linda Eder & Colm Wilkinson so was rather disapointed when I saw this touring version at Wimbledon.  Seen worse is best I can say.
Most recent theatre:July = Chariots of Fire, Richard III, Country Wife, Mack and Mabel, Physicists. JUNE = What the Butler Saw, Collaborators, Posh, The Thing About Men, Torch song Trilogy, Lillies, Duchess of Malfi, Jekyll and Hyde, Mystery of Edwin Drood. MAY = Ragtime, Antigone, Wild Swans, Tale of Two Cities. APRIL = Salena Jones, The Glorious Ones, Drugstore, Steps, After Miss Julie. MARCH = Floyd Collins, Bingo, Wizard of Oz. FEBRUARY = Hayfever, Singing in the Rain, Masterclass, Sleeping with Straight Men, Ladykillers. JANUARY = After the Turn, Children of Eden, She Stoops to Conquer, Crazy For You, Backbeat, Rock of Ages, Shrek, Matilda, A Round-Heeled Woman. 2011 DECEMBER = Reason To Be Pretty, Pippin. NOVEMBER = Goodbye Barcelona, How the World Began, Juno and the Paycock, Britanicus, Kill Bill, Railway Children. OCTOBER = Driving Miss Daisy, Sweeney Todd, South Downs & Browning Version! Decade, Conquer, Crazy for You, Backbeat, Rock of Ages, Baker's Wife, Sweeney Todd, South Downs & Browning Version, Decade and My City.

#13 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Well I wasn't won over the girls stole the show for me - but at least this was 100 times better than the Uk productions version which toured about 7 years ago!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#14 LondonTheatreLady

LondonTheatreLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

This isn't London Fringe is it?! I am going to accompany my mother to this in Woking as my dad can't make it.. hmm, you haven't sold it to me :) not that I was expecting musical greatness. Am I at least going to have a reasonably enjoyable evening?? :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users