15 replies to this topic

#11 Welthorpe

Welthorpe

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

The Sher/Noble Keane is not an RSC production.

#12 Guest_Alexandra_*

Guest_Alexandra_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

Okay, Welthorpe, I believe you, but then I'm puzzled as to why is it part of the new RSC brochure?

#13 Welthorpe

Welthorpe

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Feb 26 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post
Okay, Welthorpe, I believe you, but then I'm puzzled as to why is it part of the new RSC brochure?

Simply because there is an RSC Members offer of 5 off the top three ticket prices. Why that might be I cannot tell. In much the same way the brochure talks about the Dash Arts tour that is coming back to Stratford, but is still not an RSC production, albeit one that is showing in its theatres. Hope helpful.

#14 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

Kean is not featured in the new season brochure itself. There is simply a ticket offer in the separate Members' newsletter. It mentions 'former RSC Artistic Director Adrian Noble' and 'RSC Associate Artist Antony Sher' and says that the play is about a famous 19th Century Shakespearean actor so that 'This play is a passionate, sexy, funny insight for anyone who loves Shakespeare, the theatre and great adventure'. Someone, somewhere seems to have concluded that the play with this director/actor combination would be of particular interest to RSC Members, hence the mention and offer of discount. But unlike the Dash Arts Dream and other guest productions that have been included under the RSC banner, this production is nothing to do with the RSC; it is at the Apollo Theatre in London and tickets are available from Nimax Theatres, which is why it isn't included in the brochure or on the postal booking form for the new season.

#15 Guest_Alexandra_*

Guest_Alexandra_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

Good lord, how frightfully confusing. I think I'm clear about Kean not being RSC, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether the Dash Arts Dream is RSC or not. Never mind - doesn't really matter - the point is that the RSC is doing a fair amount of stuff apart from the Histories.

#16 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

The Dash Arts Dream was part of the Complete Works Festival and is returning to Stratford for another run once that festival is over.

http://www.rsc.org.uk/WhatsOn/4676.aspx

Just like all the other guest productions during the festival from the US, South Africa, Germany etc. this is not an RSC production in the sense that the RSC provides the cast and crew; the RSC is just acting as a venue. That means that all the ticket sales go through the RSC and the marketing, programmes etc. bear the RSC logo, despite the fact that the production originated elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users