Norm Lewis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Boq

Boq

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order:<br />Ruthie Henshall, Linzi Hateley, John Barrowman, Roger Rees, Kerry Ellis, Tonya Pinkins, Maggie Smith, Ian McKellen, Julie Atherton, Stephanie J.Block, Angela Lansbury, Elaine Paige, Hugh Jackman, Elena Roger, Philip Quast, David Suchet, Judi Dench, Fox-Jackson Keen

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

I'm very excited to hear that the superb Norm Lewis is making his West End debut as Javert in "Les Miserables". I've never seen him live but I do love him on the OBC of "Side Show" (what a fantastic show, a shame it didn't last that long). Anyone knows how long he is contracted?  rolleyes.gif
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists.

- Stephen Sondheim

#2 Toulon

Toulon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

For six months

#3 Boq

Boq

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order:<br />Ruthie Henshall, Linzi Hateley, John Barrowman, Roger Rees, Kerry Ellis, Tonya Pinkins, Maggie Smith, Ian McKellen, Julie Atherton, Stephanie J.Block, Angela Lansbury, Elaine Paige, Hugh Jackman, Elena Roger, Philip Quast, David Suchet, Judi Dench, Fox-Jackson Keen

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Toulon @ Jul 7 2010, 02:35 PM) View Post
For six months

Thank you so much for the information! Can't wait to see him! One of the finest voices around!
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists.

- Stephen Sondheim

#4 lovestheatre

lovestheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Saw him in Les Mis on Thursday - a fabulous voice!

#5 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

saw it last tuesday....i think he was absolutely fantastic.....his accent is so strong with the rest of the cast being so british! he also went up the octave in his suicide right at the end, like valjean does in the soliloquy; "jean valjean is nothing now, another story must begin/there is nowhere i can turn, there is no way to go on". But on top of his phenomenal javert - he is the nicest possible guy you could ever meet!!
Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care.
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you of being alive.

#6 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

An amazing voice, which far exceeds all the rest of the cast and I have to agree with the above post - A real gent to meet in person even when he's on his way home!

He was phenomenal at the O2 concert too!
Hasa diga eebowai

#7 snowy01

snowy01

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

I saw Norm Lewis as Javert yesterday in the matinee he was brilliant, great voice and agree with previous post soliloquy was fab!!! One of the best Javerts I have seen.

#8 Lilly Rose

Lilly Rose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Wow. I saw him a while ago, as Javert, and he was amazing. He played him as a more vulnerable person than I was expecting, especially in the suicide. His vocals were great, though!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users