#11 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 11 2010, 02:16 PM) View Post
whats happened to the 20th anniversary concert?

i don't think POTO has the same following Le Miz does. I doubt it will get much, can ALW topple Cam Macks brilliant hat trick of a celebration?

It was planned for the Royal Albert Hall, but a fall out with ALW and the bbc stopped proceedings at the time.  

I think Phantom does have a followingg and a large one at that! But I think there are more die-hard phantom phans in the states than in the UK.

Don;'t forget Cam Mac was a producer for Phantom as well! Although RUg seem to handle most of the goings on now which is why i think there will be little done for it.

#12 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

Phantom doesnt have as big a following as Les Mis??!  Seriously!?

Phantom has a huge following, all around the world.  I would also put money on Phantom outlasting Les Mis.

I love both shows by the way.

#13 Guest_Apples_*

Guest_Apples_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 11 2010, 01:16 PM) View Post
whats happened to the 20th anniversary concert?

i don't think POTO has the same following Le Miz does. I doubt it will get much, can ALW topple Cam Macks brilliant hat trick of a celebration?

Plus it's dull as dishwater without the set and scenery! Can't imagine it working anywhere near as well as LM in concert.

Not sure Saigon as a concert would work as well either but I'd pay to see it assuming Cameron's stunt casting didn't attack.

Here's hoping the Miss Saigon movie pans out well. Details on IMDB have disappeared though of late. There was a director and producer attached to it until recently.

#14 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Nevermind a concert, I want a full-scale revival or a least another UK Tour!!! Being born mid-80s, by the time I discovered this musical it had closed in London and I had to see it on Tour... I would love to have it back in London =) Please Mr Mac!!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#15 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Mark_21 @ Jul 12 2010, 11:10 AM) View Post
Nevermind a concert, I want a full-scale revival or a least another UK Tour!!! Being born mid-80s, by the time I discovered this musical it had closed in London and I had to see it on Tour... I would love to have it back in London =) Please Mr Mac!!

I heard a rumour that a few years down the line they are to mount the full production at druly lane once again.

#16 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Apples @ Jul 12 2010, 10:59 AM) View Post
Plus it's dull as dishwater without the set and scenery! Can't imagine it working anywhere near as well as LM in concert.

Not sure Saigon as a concert would work as well either but I'd pay to see it assuming Cameron's stunt casting didn't attack.

Here's hoping the Miss Saigon movie pans out well. Details on IMDB have disappeared though of late. There was a director and producer attached to it until recently.

They are trying to make a Les Mis movie first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users