22 replies to this topic

#1 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Just a reminder, for those who are interested, Kids Week opened today, offering a free ticket to a variety of West End shows for an under-16 when accompanied by a full-paying adult.

I've just got tickets to Phantom (shockingly, after 20 visit to West End shows, I've never seen this, we're on the second row), Deathtrap (this sounds brilliant, with a great cast, first preview, and at 35 for two tickets, an absolute bargain) and Jersey Boys (including the chance to perform 'Oh What a Night!' with the cast, has anyone done any of these show-related activities??).

It's gonna be a busy week...

: )

| The Lion King | Grease | Blood Brothers | Les Miserables | Mamma Mia! | The 39 Steps | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat | The Sound of Music | The Year of Magical Thinking (NT) | The Glass Menagerie (UK Tour) | Carousel (UK Tour) | A Little Night Music (Menier) | Madame de Sade (Donmar West End) | War Horse | Phedre (NT) | The Woman in Black | Hair | Deathtrap | The Phantom of the Opera | Jersey Boys | Billy Elliot | Hamlet (NT) |

#2 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

I booked today to see Legally Blonde, Les Miserables and Mamma Mia biggrin.gif Kids week is such a good idea!
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#3 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(CaityGlinda @ Jul 13 2010, 07:48 PM) View Post
I booked today to see Legally Blonde, Les Miserables and Mamma Mia biggrin.gif Kids week is such a good idea!

It really is, and I got some pretty good seats, but sadly it's the last time I'm eligible. Are you doing any of the workshops/activities?? I really have no idea what to expect from the Jersey Boys one...

| The Lion King | Grease | Blood Brothers | Les Miserables | Mamma Mia! | The 39 Steps | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat | The Sound of Music | The Year of Magical Thinking (NT) | The Glass Menagerie (UK Tour) | Carousel (UK Tour) | A Little Night Music (Menier) | Madame de Sade (Donmar West End) | War Horse | Phedre (NT) | The Woman in Black | Hair | Deathtrap | The Phantom of the Opera | Jersey Boys | Billy Elliot | Hamlet (NT) |

#4 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm only going to see the shows unfortunately. Is it for 16 and under or just under 16? Cause this is either my last time or I have to pretend I'm 15!
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#5 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(CaityGlinda @ Jul 13 2010, 07:56 PM) View Post
I'm only going to see the shows unfortunately. Is it for 16 and under or just under 16? Cause this is either my last time or I have to pretend I'm 15!

I have no idea actually, if it includes 16 year olds, then I get another year, woopwoop.

I am actually really looking foward to the Jersey Boys thing, it sounds awesome.

And it's nice to find another teenage theatregoer, do you like performing or just watching??

#6 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

I like performing, although I do love watching people who are a lot better than I am! biggrin.gif I'd love to do one of the workshops but I'm going with my grandparents so we haven't really got time.

#7 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

Same here when it comes to loving performing, always in the school productions bespite a complete lack of singing ability - we did Jesus Christ Superstar last year.

I see that you're doing all three shows over two days - Wow, quite a challenge.

And I must say I love how this topic has just turned into us chatting

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Have they stopped doing the festival where the different shows come and perform, kinda like wel?

#9 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 13 2010, 08:42 PM) View Post
Have they stopped doing the festival where the different shows come and perform, kinda like wel?

Was that the thing in Covent Garden?? Cos I know it didn't happen last year and haven't heard anything about this year (yet).

#10 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(Smiley @ Jul 13 2010, 08:39 PM) View Post
Same here when it comes to loving performing, always in the school productions bespite a complete lack of singing ability - we did Jesus Christ Superstar last year.

I see that you're doing all three shows over two days - Wow, quite a challenge.

And I must say I love how this topic has just turned into us chatting

My school is doing Oliver! at Christmas which should be fun. I'm part of an Amdram group too smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users