• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#1 almera

almera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

The tour CD goes on sale tomorrow at the Bristol Hippodrome at a cost of - wait for it - 20!

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(almera @ Jul 14 2010, 01:22 PM) View Post
The tour CD goes on sale tomorrow at the Bristol Hippodrome at a cost of - wait for it - 20!

If you ask me 20 sounds reasonable to say it's a double CD, sold in a theatre (always more expensive), and available nowhere else.

Do we know when it's available in the shops yet?

#3 Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*

Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

Worth every penny (if it's the whole thing - still sceptical that you can fit 2h 45 mins onto 2 CDs, reckon they need to lose at least 15 mins).

Hopefully somone'll buy it and review it on here asap, can't wait to hear what it's like!!

#4 annette

annette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

fingers crossed that means it will be available to buy online /in shops soon then!

#5 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

anyone got their hands on a copy yet who can tell us whats on it, whats not and what it's like in general??
Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care.
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you of being alive.

#6 Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*

Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

Got it today in Bristol!

Sensational recording, IMHO now by far the best Les Mis recording out there.
Exceptional quality, esp given that it was recorded live.

My only complaint - it is by no stretch of the imagination complete as has previously been stated by various parties.
CD1 - 70 mins
CD2 - 63 mins
So roughly half way between OLC/OLB and complete symphonic in terms of "completeness."
That said, it's small bits here and there that are missing, and it's edited together very nicely.
I guess it's a commercial decision as only die hard fans such as myself would want every note!

My two penneth(sp) on the new orchestrations - I don't think they are better than the old ones, but they are fresher, and having heard the old ones for 25 years, at this moment in time I prefer listening to the new ones and prefer seeing the tour to the Queen's.
Only when the new ones are less new and exciting to me do I think I would be able to fairly compare the 2 versions.

#7 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Daniel_* @ Jul 17 2010, 09:08 PM) View Post
Got it today in Bristol!

Sensational recording, IMHO now by far the best Les Mis recording out there.
Exceptional quality, esp given that it was recorded live.

My only complaint - it is by no stretch of the imagination complete as has previously been stated by various parties.
CD1 - 70 mins
CD2 - 63 mins
So roughly half way between OLC/OLB and complete symphonic in terms of "completeness."
That said, it's small bits here and there that are missing, and it's edited together very nicely.
I guess it's a commercial decision as only die hard fans such as myself would want every note!

My two penneth(sp) on the new orchestrations - I don't think they are better than the old ones, but they are fresher, and having heard the old ones for 25 years, at this moment in time I prefer listening to the new ones and prefer seeing the tour to the Queen's.
Only when the new ones are less new and exciting to me do I think I would be able to fairly compare the 2 versions.

Thanks for the review, sounds like we are in for a treat!

#8 Guest_Sinbad_*

Guest_Sinbad_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(mjr @ Jul 17 2010, 08:12 PM) View Post
Thanks for the review, sounds like we are in for a treat!

When the h3ll are we going to get to hear this!??!

#9 annette

annette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Sinbad @ Jul 23 2010, 11:16 AM) View Post
When the h3ll are we going to get to hear this!??!

i am wondering that as still not listed as a relase (or even as a pre relase date etc) on the les mis site, dress circle, hmv, amazon or play.com so wonder if it will be restricted to tour venues only, hope not!

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(annette @ Jul 23 2010, 10:57 AM) View Post
i am wondering that as still not listed as a relase (or even as a pre relase date etc) on the les mis site, dress circle, hmv, amazon or play.com so wonder if it will be restricted to tour venues only, hope not!

I shall be flipping cross if that is the case - I've already seen the tour when it came near me, cant afford to go again - have been looking forward to this for months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users