Cd For The Tour Of Les Miserables.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 23 2010, 04:02 PM) View Post
I shall be flipping cross if that is the case - I've already seen the tour when it came near me, cant afford to go again - have been looking forward to this for months.

Surely Cammack will want to make a profit? He can't possibly do that if he makes a whole new recording and then barely releases it! So I really doubt that it won't be sold elsewhere.

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

From Jon Robyns's Twitter:
The new Les Mis album will be released on the 23rd Aug. And is avaliable at tour venues.

#13 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

Thankgod for a release date! But its a long way away from the easter date they intended on.

#14 Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*

Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

It's mos def worth the wait guys.

Got mine in Bristol and it's sensational (though SO wish it had been the complete show).

But yeah, is a bit of a joke that it's taken so long.

#15 Guest_lullaby_*

Guest_lullaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

Anyone could please post the tracklist???
Thank you!!  tongue.gif

#16 Backstage

Backstage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

SO glad that we finally have a release date for this.  I saw the show way back in February, the week after they did the recordings for the CD, and have been waiting for it ever since.
I was starting to think I would have to drive all the way to the Lowry when the tour visits there next month, just to get my hands on this cd  smile.gif

#17 Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*

Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(lullaby @ Jul 24 2010, 11:59 AM) View Post
Anyone could please post the tracklist???
Thank you!!  tongue.gif

20 tracks on each CD.
Probably quicker to list what's missing:

Act 1
Fantine's Arrest - 'Javert would you believe it' to 'That she will answer to the court.'
Runaway cart - 'I have only known one other' to end.
Castle on a Cloud - 2nd verse
Pre Master of The House - 'We should never have taken you in' to 'I told you fetch some water from the well in the wood.'
The Bargain - 'There is a duty I must heed' to 'Cosette shall have a father now.'
The Robbery - Start to 'Little he knows, little he sees.'
Eponine's Errand - All

Act 2
At the Barricade - 'Hey little boy, who's this I see' to 'Little you know, little you care.'
Javert's Arrival - 'You at the barricade listen to this' to 'They will see the people rise.'
Every Day - 'M'sieur this is a day I never can forget' to end.

#18 annette

annette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

thankfully there is some kind of release date, shame that its not listed yet as a preorder on dress circle, hmv, amazon etc yet.  keep checking in case but so far nothing, so fingers crossed it is still 23rd august

#19 Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Daniel_* @ Jul 25 2010, 08:21 PM) View Post
20 tracks on each CD.
Probably quicker to list what's missing:

Act 1
Fantine's Arrest - 'Javert would you believe it' to 'That she will answer to the court.'
Runaway cart - 'I have only known one other' to end.
Castle on a Cloud - 2nd verse
Pre Master of The House - 'We should never have taken you in' to 'I told you fetch some water from the well in the wood.'
The Bargain - 'There is a duty I must heed' to 'Cosette shall have a father now.'
The Robbery - Start to 'Little he knows, little he sees.'
Eponine's Errand - All

Act 2
At the Barricade - 'Hey little boy, who's this I see' to 'Little you know, little you care.'
Javert's Arrival - 'You at the barricade listen to this' to 'They will see the people rise.'
Every Day - 'M'sieur this is a day I never can forget' to end.

Some of these cuts are a shame, but they had to make cuts somewhere I guess.  They seem to have cut out a lot of interaction between Eponine and Marius though.  I wonder if this recording is the form the 25th Anniversary Concert will take, making it a bit more complete than the 10th Anniversary Concert.

I too am still hoping for the 23rd August release date for the CD - has this been confirmed anywhere else, other than Jon Robyn's twitter?

#20 sohopad

sohopad

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

Posted by lesmisofficial on Facebook

Les Miserables 25th Anniversary UK Tour Great news Les Mis fans, despite much speculation we're delighted to confirm that the official full release date of the 25th Anniversary Tour production album will be Mon 13 September. It will be on general release including itunes for download. Further info to follow.

Pushed back again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users