16 replies to this topic

#11 achilles

achilles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

well she does keep doing those musicals. I would have loved to have seen her Sally Bowles. I saw her Miss trant in The Good Companions.....actually quite a good show but it didn't last long. I wonder if a recording exists anywhere of her doing Grizabella. I still love her I am Sixteen Going on Seventeen from that Richard Rodgers evening. Yes apart froma  couple of numbers, especially the title tune, from Merry Wives, the show was not great.

#12 Guest_Guest_hamish_*_*

Guest_Guest_hamish_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

I expect every producer in London and NY has offered her Ranevskaya, including the NT.

The other thing that comes to mind is either of the parts in John Gabriiel Borkman. I would say with Eileen Atkins but she did it with Redgrave and Scofield. How about tempting either Glen Close or Meryl Streep to do the other part? Or maybe Julie Walters. Or J Dench of course.

But who for Borkman??

Fantasy casting: what larks pip.

#13 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(Guest_hamish_* @ Oct 17 2007, 11:31 PM) View Post
I expect every producer in London and NY has offered her Ranevskaya, including the NT.

The other thing that comes to mind is either of the parts in John Gabriiel Borkman. I would say with Eileen Atkins but she did it with Redgrave and Scofield. How about tempting either Glen Close or Meryl Streep to do the other part? Or maybe Julie Walters. Or J Dench of course.

But who for Borkman??

Fantasy casting: what larks pip.

Ian Mckellan of course. However, there was a reason Helen Mirren didn't stay with "Dance of Death" when it transferred to London so it will remain fantasy casting.

#14 Guest_Guest_MARTIN_*_*

Guest_Guest_MARTIN_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

Unless there is a huge part for her in a new play, it has to be either Cherry Orchard or how about Ghosts?

#15 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:10 AM

"However, there was a reason Helen Mirren didn't stay with "Dance of Death" when it transferred to London"

What was that then?

#16 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Oct 19 2007, 12:10 PM) View Post
"However, there was a reason Helen Mirren didn't stay with "Dance of Death" when it transferred to London"

What was that then?

It was reported that she wasn't getting on at all well with IM.

#17 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

Ah. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users