2590 replies to this topic

#1 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

Any news on casting or anything else yet?

#2 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ Jul 20 2010, 10:58 PM) View Post
Any news on casting or anything else yet?

Still a bit to early, even the rumour mill hasn;t started yet. Bearing in mind the recording is taking place before christmas, we should have a good few names involved in the comming months.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

Why does Webber record it months before the show opens? Surely there will be lyric changes while it's in previews and it can't do any harm to give the cast some time to settle into their numbers and make it their own.

#4 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2010, 11:04 PM) View Post
Why does Webber record it months before the show opens? Surely there will be lyric changes while it's in previews and it can't do any harm to give the cast some time to settle into their numbers and make it their own.

I guess he wants to make as much from the album by having it in the theatre from the press night. With it being another reality cast show, they could make alot more on merchandise by having the CD avaliable from opening night!

#5 Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*

Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2010, 10:04 PM) View Post

Oh totally... after what happened with Love Never Dies, this is a ludicrous decision!

THAT SAID, does mean we can get a copy quicker :-)

#6 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Daniel_* @ Jul 20 2010, 11:17 PM) View Post
Oh totally... after what happened with Love Never Dies, this is a ludicrous decision!

THAT SAID, does mean we can get a copy quicker :-)

But the performances on the CD as with Love Never Dies will be never as good as they will be 3 months into the run like they are now with LND.

#7 Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*

Guest_Guest_Daniel_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ Jul 20 2010, 10:19 PM) View Post
But the performances on the CD as with Love Never Dies will be never as good as they will be 3 months into the run like they are now with LND.

Yeah I know; it does baffle me really!
I truly think ALW is a genius - but he doesn't seem capable of learning from past mistakes!

#8 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Daniel_* @ Jul 20 2010, 11:33 PM) View Post
Yeah I know; it does baffle me really!
I truly think ALW is a genius - but he doesn't seem capable of learning from past mistakes!

True, he blames the mistakes on others tongue.gif I do really like ALW but sometimes i don't agree!

#9 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ Jul 20 2010, 11:19 PM) View Post

Exactly. Haven't they changed a lot of LND so there will be differences between the CD and the show? Having said that changes were made to  Evita between the stage concept album and the stage show.

I thought casting might be announced soon. It could increase ticket sales.

#10 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ Jul 20 2010, 11:47 PM) View Post
Exactly. Haven't they changed a lot of LND so there will be differences between the CD and the show? Having said that changes were made to Evita between the stage concept album and the stage show.

I thought casting might be announced soon. It could increase ticket sales.

There are a number of changes score wise, musically tempos in some areas have changed dramatically, and all the performances are so mcuh deeper than they are on the recording, so all in all not a greta move recording it so early!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users