#11 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ Jul 20 2010, 11:49 PM) View Post
There are a number of changes score wise, musically tempos in some areas have changed dramatically, and all the performances are so mcuh deeper than they are on the recording, so all in all not a greta move recording it so early!

Don't think POTO was recorded in advance of the show opening but as I recall Michael Crawford's MOTN got much better than the CD recording.

#12 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ Jul 21 2010, 12:05 AM) View Post
Don't think POTO was recorded in advance of the show opening but as I recall Michael Crawford's MOTN got much better than the CD recording.

There are very few shows that have ever recorded there album before they even start rehersals!

#13 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ Jul 21 2010, 12:11 AM) View Post
There are very few shows that have ever recorded there album before they even start rehersals!

But from what's been said here they're going for TWOO.

#14 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ Jul 21 2010, 12:15 AM) View Post
But from what's been said here they're going for TWOO.

I know, i said it a few posts up.

#15 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

I've heard that the set model alone has cost in the region of 50-100 thousand pounds, and the set itself will feature two concentric drum revolves, with the ability to change colour. Sounds a little OTT, but I do like a spectacle! In case you don't know, it's being designed by Robert Jones (The Sound of Music, Calendar Girls, Aspects of Love UK tour, King and I Albert Hall).  This must explain the long dark period between Sister Act and WOO I think.

#16 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Well I'm waiting for the point when after selling all those advance tickets. They announce the winner of the BBC show wont be doing all performances.

It has to come!

#17 SteveL

SteveL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(Andy @ Jul 21 2010, 10:04 AM) View Post
Well I'm waiting for the point when after selling all those advance tickets. They announce the winner of the BBC show wont be doing all performances.

It has to come!

It already has, it was announced quite a while ago that she would not be doing one day a week. I believe it is Tuesdays.
Miss Saigon x 14, Phantom of the Opera x 11, Dreamboats and Petticoats x 15, Priscilla Queen of the Desert x 7, Blood Brothers x 27, Love Never Dies x 8, Legally Blonde x 3, Sunset Boulevard x 4, Starlight Express x 7, Sister Act x 3, Flashdance x 5, We Will Rock You x 2, Sweet Charity x 2, Mamma Mia x 2, Les Miserables x 4, Ghost the Musical, Shrek the Musical, Smokey Joes Cafe, Billy Elliot, Jersey Boys, Fantastiks, Dirty Dancing x 2, Legacy Falls, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoats, Evita, Grease x 2, Wicked, The Rise and Fall of Little Voice, Calendar Girls x 2, Hairspray, Thriller x 2, Run for your Wife x 2, Avenue Q x 4, All The Fun Of The Fair, Aspects of Love, Deathtrap, Tap Dogs, Stomp, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Cats, The Lion King, Oliver, Chicago, The 39 Steps, Lend me a Tenor, Crazy for You, Carousel, An Inspector Calls, An Ideal Husband, Hair, Woman in Black

#18 Lily118

Lily118

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

Yep the only exception so far is the GOSH Charity night

#19 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(Pharaoh @ Jul 21 2010, 07:50 AM) View Post
I've heard that the set model alone has cost in the region of 50-100 thousand pounds, and the set itself will feature two concentric drum revolves, with the ability to change colour. Sounds a little OTT, but I do like a spectacle! In case you don't know, it's being designed by Robert Jones (The Sound of Music, Calendar Girls, Aspects of Love UK tour, King and I Albert Hall). This must explain the long dark period between Sister Act and WOO I think.

This sounds very interesting, but then makes me wonder that the original announcment of the original Palladuim revolve being re-installed has now fell through, as the original wasn;t a barrell revolve!

#20 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Maybe they're modifying it, although it's probably cheaper to get a new purpose built one, rather than use an old one which may be less reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users