#2191 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3751 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postollyd24, on 06 April 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

<br />what did i say?? tell me what i said? i knew s.p wasnt goin to palladium<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The main reason is because of the casting. The second reason is because of the set. The Barbican and the Palladium have very similar sized stages, and both their auditoriums are huge (though the latter has a larger capacity). They wanted to use the touring set for the Palladium, which I think is even smaller than the set they used at the Barbican, which I thought was ghastly anyway.

You kept on saying you thought the Palladium was too big (it isn't, stage wise), and that WoZ will continue for ever (it won't either). The key reason why SP is not transferring is that Paulo Szot isn't. You never mentioned that.

In the end, you were right in saying SP won;t go to the Palladium, thouugh I suspect that was just a wish of yours which turned into reality. Your reasoning wasn't right, so please don't think you are above us all now. You're not. When Wizard of Oz celebrates its 25th anniverary at the Palladium then you might be, but the chances of that happening are zilch. It's more likely that you'll get blown up in a twister and taken to some magical land where lions and scarecrows can speak. And that'll NEVER happen.

#2192 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

I await Olly's response with baited breath. Ding, ding, round 2.

#2193 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

While I highly doubt it would happen, I'd love if the Sister Act tour returned to the Palladium for a filler season.

#2194 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Wonderful Town?

#2195 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Darn! I was so looking forward to seeing South Pacific! I would've gone again if Paulo Szot was in it.

Anyway, as Baz says the show will not last until 'Charlie' gets there. Unless that is, they pull out the stops with the new Wizard and Dorothy.
Hasa diga eebowai

#2196 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3751 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I think Olly should play the Wizard. I'd definitely go then, probably more than once. I may even go SEVEN times. And then there would be no way the show could possibly close. I can just see it now  on the Palladium marquee: OLLYD24 IS THE WIZARD IN ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER'S (not so) NEW PRODUCTION OF THE WIZARD OF OZ. DON'T MISS OLLY AT THE PALLY.

#2197 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ahhh I really wanted to see South Pacific :(

My guess is White Christmas or something like that as filler...but there are plenty of theatres looking for filler at the minute (even more now the Bridget Jones musical appears to be delayed again) so who knows what it'll end up being!

#2198 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Wonderful Town is brilliant saw it last night would certainly look fine in the Palladium
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#2199 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3751 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Wonderful Town looks great. If it does transfer, it would be great if The Halle Orchestra could too.

#2200 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 06 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

<br />Wonderful Town looks great. If it does transfer, it would be great if The Halle Orchestra could too.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I doubt Wonderful Town would transfer somewhere so big, its not exactly selling out on tour, especially in the larger venues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users