Join One Academy @ Edinburgh Fringe 2010

For information about One Academy shows you can find us at

www.springawakeningedinburgh.com

Twitter @RSAMD_Fringe
http://rsamdfringe.blogspot.com/

Spring Awakening

Starts: Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010

The Pleasance Courtyard, Edinburgh 6-13

One Academy Productions present the Scottish Premiere of the musical Spring Awakening.

The radical, explosive and powerful multi-award winning indie rock musical inspired by Wedekind's banned masterpiece; says the unsayable about sex, religion, freedom and growing up. 'Sheer lyrical beauty' - ***** (Independent).

In Touch

in association with Perfect Pitch
by Dougal Irvine (writer of award winning Departure Lounge)

Starts: Thursday, Aug 05, 2010

Pleasance Dome, Edinburgh 7 (5)

One Academy Productions in collaboration with Perfect Pitch: Is the internet running or ruining our lives? Premiere of an intriguing, exciting new musical work in progress exploring love, sex and death in real and virtual worlds.

Closest to the Moon

in association with Perfect Pitch
by Richard Taylor

Starts Friday, Aug 06, 2010

Pleasance Dome, Edinburgh 7 (5)

One Academy Productions in collaboration with Perfect Pitch: why would anyone undertake something as foolhardy as climbing Everest? Largely based on actual reportage and centred around a lone climber at extraordinary altitude, this work in progress is about ambition and achievement, real and metaphorical mountains, and what it takes to reach the top.

#2 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm definately planning on seeing Spring Awakening.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#3 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

Booked my tickets for Spring Awakening last night.

#4 Guest_fangurl_*

Guest_fangurl_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

Saw Spring today, outstanding go if you can x

#5 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(fangurl @ Aug 8 2010, 11:35 PM) View Post
Saw Spring today, outstanding go if you can x

Good to know.  Can't wait to see it on Sunday.

#6 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Spring Awakening was brilliant.  The cast were all great.  Having not seen the show in London I don't know what was cut but I could still follow the plot.  It would've been interesting to see the other production, by Kudos, at the Fringe to compare but One Academy's production didn't disappoint.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

I saw Spring Awakening yesterday and really enjoyed it.  I assume from the fact that there are two people listed for most of the roles that there are two casts - can anyone tell me when I might see the second cast?  I saw the people whose names are listed first yesterday, I believe (no pun intended).

#8 Guest_Robert Wills_*

Guest_Robert Wills_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

I have learned to like and admire this show. That being said, the score consists basically of two types of songs, fast and angry, or slow and lugubrious. The lyrics are NOT well crafted if one expects proper rhymes. And I do. On Broadway it is a mystery to me how the small amount of choreography, mainly jumping up and down on chairs, was rewarded with a Tony. The other 3 nominees for choreography that year were from shows that featured dance. Spring Awakening is not by any stretch of the imagination a dance show.

Remember, I do like the show and have seen it 4 times - 3 time on Bdwy, once on tour in Toronto. I wish the cast very good luck and enthusiastic audiences. This is an important show worth seeing.

#9 VelmaMaureen

VelmaMaureen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

I saw Spring Awakening last Saturday....it was amazing! I didn't get the chance to see it in London, but I had read the play by Wedekind, and I was amazed by how great the adaptation was. It was incredibly moving, the cast were really good and I'm so sad that the London production didn't succeed financially.

#10 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

Spring Awakening was incredible! A very talented young cast and I loved the music. Having not seen the show in London, I had wanted to see it for a long time and this production certainly didn't disappoint. It was definitely my fringe highlight!

Since I enjoyed SA so much I went to the last showing of Closest to the Moon and loved it just as much.

Big congratulations to the students of RSAMD, they've done so well rolleyes.gif
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users