Rosmersholm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

Interesting.  I rather like Helen McCrory but I can't stand Eve Best and I find Nancy Carroll pedestrian.

Jan you are out of touch if you didn't realise that Damian Lewis and HC are a couple though.  You need to keep a closer eye on the goss.  Or maybe not.  wink.gif

#12 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

I've also found Eve Best rather unconvincing in most of her performances (apart, perhaps, from Three Sisters)... really disliked her Hedda.  But I have to say I thought McCrory was absolutely magnificent in David Lan's production of As You Like It.

Wasn't her last visit to the Almeida in that awful rhyming play?  Five Gold Rings or something like that...

#13 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1777 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

That's when she and Damian got together apparently (see what I learned from my googling). I'm sure she did something there years ago too... something French, and she played a boy, or a girl pretending to be a boy, or a boy pretending to be a girl, or something. I think that's when I first thought "B***** me, she's good". Might be going completely mad though.

#14 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(Skylight @ Oct 18 2007, 05:21 PM) View Post
Interesting.  I rather like Helen McCrory but I can't stand Eve Best and I find Nancy Carroll pedestrian.

Jan you are out of touch if you didn't realise that Damian Lewis and HC are a couple though.  You need to keep a closer eye on the goss.  Or maybe not.  wink.gif

Yes, I'm always the last to know - Rupert Goold and Kate Fleetwood was another one recently.

#15 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

Rufus Sewel and Alice Eve was news to me.  As was Tobias Menzies and Kristen Scott Thomas.  blink.gif  laugh.gif

#16 Guest_Guest_Alnoor_*_*

Guest_Guest_Alnoor_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

Deatils for Rosmersholm are all here

//www.londontheatre.co.uk/londontheatre/news/oct07/almeida26oct07.htm

#17 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1777 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

Helen McCrory, Paul Hilton and Malcolm Sinclair. Delectable casting.

I see Rupert Goold is doing something there too. Jan will be excited. Where is Jan, I wonder? I've missed his/her sunny disposition and optimistic life view this week.

#18 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(MaxCady @ Oct 18 2007, 01:39 PM) View Post
What is boring about Ibsen plays?

What is'nt?  laugh.gif

#19 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

Helen McCrory is worth waiting for. It's in the Standard tonight that she fell for DL at the Almeida rehearsing the Gold Ring thing [ which I didn't go to cos heard it was dire] I saw her yonks ago in a play about child abuse ? the Donmar. Thought she was sensational. What was the play?

#20 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Oct 26 2007, 04:54 PM) View Post
Helen McCrory, Paul Hilton and Malcolm Sinclair. Delectable casting.

I see Rupert Goold is doing something there too. Jan will be excited. Where is Jan, I wonder? I've missed his/her sunny disposition and optimistic life view this week.

Well, if you read the "Rough Crossings" thread you will see that my enthusiasm is somewhat qualified.

Sorry I have been away, I took a week of to read Billington's "magesterial" history of recent theatre. Here's a quote: “Les Mis…represented a degradation of standards and a vulgarisation of taste that seemed neatly to encapsulate the philistine spirit of the Eighties.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users