21 replies to this topic

#21 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:51 PM

Yes, I'm rubbish at names, prob do know the other cast members, O'Donnell rings a bell!

Look, Skylight, this cliquey thing. If you go to the theatre to be part of a party, well, no wonder you feel a bit of an outsider sometimes. There often is no difference between the Trike and the Al, depends on the play, doesn't it? When I go the Trike, I see who I see at the Almeida so it is question of what I have chosen to see appeals to the same people..geddit? To be honest, it is at the Donmar, that I have felt a mere punter surrounded by media stars and so on. But I go there all the time so perhaps other people think I am the clique. Well, that would make sense.

#22 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:10 PM

Skylight I hear what you're saying but thankfully I don't recognise it from my own Almeida/Royal Court experiences. I go to the Royal Court in particular quite a lot and haven't picked up on the clothing issue but then I'm pretty unobservant about other people's dress. To be fair to you it isn't just you because, as I said before, I frequently hear this same gripe about that venue. I suppose I should just be thankful I never notice it. I'm usually pretty good at tuning things out, maybe that's it! In fact, I've grown to like that downstairs restaurant. It's a bit gloomy and I sometimes have trouble getting the staff to see me and take my order, but the food's good and decently priced. I also don't have trouble getting tickets there while not being a member.

I've been to the Tricycle only once so don't think I can make a meaningful comparison.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users