#1 Jim

Jim

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:56 AM

Hey everyone -
was wondering how Aspects of Love is doing.  Does anyone know if there will be a new recording?  Any possibility of an extension/transfer (really hoping it comes to NY - the West End has had what, 2 - 3 Aspects "revivals" including tours that stopped in the West end... we only had the original)

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

Do shows get recorded these days?!

With the current economic climate and the fact Lewd-Rubbers shows donít sell like they used to Ö

It closes in almost two months time so plenty of time for a decision Ö Iím waiting for the announcement of their Christmas show. Please let it be Road Show or Merrily

#3 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 4 2010, 03:15 PM) View Post
It closes in almost two months time so plenty of time for a decision Ö Iím waiting for the announcement of their Christmas show. Please let it be Road Show or Merrily

See other thread ... No Musical At Menier For Xmas

:-(

#4 louisec

louisec

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Interests include classical music, musicals, plays, ballet, opera and dance.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

I adored this Aspects - as it was done for a small space I think transfer to a bigger theatre might spoil it.

Michael Arden is the best Alex of the four I've seen - wonderful. Felt that Katherine Kingsley was a bit young and shrill as Rose though while Dave Willetts is a bit too old; having said that I don't usually care for him but he was good here (but what accent was he doing?). Rosalie Craig and Rebecca Brewer good as Guilietta and Jenny.

Better than the 2007 tour - which was too much about David Essex; a better Alex than the 1993/4 tour but otherwise equal (and that production had a stronger Rose and George, IMO). But I'm a bit perplexed why it has received lukewarm reviews and been largely ignored.

A recording would be nice just to hear the new arrangements but you're right, they just don't do cast recordings anymore sad.gif

Btw Sondheim's Roadshow is coming to the Menier in autumn 2011; he said so at the recent Prom Plus.

#5 Guest_Guest_sally_*_*

Guest_Guest_sally_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(louisec @ Aug 5 2010, 11:10 AM) View Post
Btw Sondheim's Roadshow is coming to the Menier in autumn 2011; he said so at the recent Prom Plus.

thanks what is a prom's plus? i'd love to see road show was a little 'upset' when i heard the MCF aren't doing a sondheim musical  this christmas despite daniel babini (sp) announcing it

#6 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

daniel babini (sp)

David Babani

#7 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Guest_sally_* @ Aug 5 2010, 02:19 PM) View Post
thanks what is a prom's plus? i'd love to see road show was a little 'upset' when i heard the MCF aren't doing a sondheim musical this christmas despite daniel babini (sp) announcing it

Proms Pluss is a series of pre performance talks held in the RCM accross the road from the Albert Hall before a bbc prom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users