Wicked Cast Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Julia_*

Guest_Julia_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:20 AM

Cast contracts up in July. Recasting starts in two weeks and calls have been made by the producers to ask if people are going to stay on. Have heard that  Adam Garcia and Helen Dallimore are leaving for definite. Susie Blake is replacing Miriam Margoyles before thensometime in March. That leaves Kerry Ellis, Martin Ball, James Gillan and Katie Roley Jones. Anyone know anything ? Could it be a completely new cast ?

unsure.gif

#2 JIJane

JIJane

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

Recasting for Glinda started 3 weeks ago and they are now in recalls.

#3 Boq

Boq

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order:<br />Ruthie Henshall, Linzi Hateley, John Barrowman, Roger Rees, Kerry Ellis, Tonya Pinkins, Maggie Smith, Ian McKellen, Julie Atherton, Stephanie J.Block, Angela Lansbury, Elaine Paige, Hugh Jackman, Elena Roger, Philip Quast, David Suchet, Judi Dench, Fox-Jackson Keen

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:25 PM

Oh I can't wait for a new Glinda but personally I would like to see Annalene Beechey (the current standby) as the new leading lady in "Wicked".
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists.

- Stephen Sondheim

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

Don't think it will happen somehow...

#5 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

i'm pretty sure martin ball is going.. not sure on the others though. might become clearer once auditions start (glinda was advertised for much earlier than the rest) in a couple of weeks..
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#6 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

I have heard that a highly possible replacement for Adam Garcia is Will Young, who is doing well in manchester at the excahnge ta the moment
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#7 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Laughingmonsta @ Mar 4 2007, 03:19 PM) View Post
I have heard that a highly possible replacement for Adam Garcia is Will Young, who is doing well in manchester at the excahnge ta the moment

I hope not, he would make a great Emcee though

#8 dan

dan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Marius @ Mar 4 2007, 07:18 PM) View Post
I hope not, he would make a great Emcee though

Oliver Thompset was on for Garcia last night and was amazing. Wiped the floor with him. Superior singing, dancing and played it far more convincingly. The whole show was much edgier than when I saw it in September. Helen Dallimore was just lovely as Glinda; why on earth should she leave? She is perfect in her role. Kerry Ellis was sensational, with more than 3 emotions and far more light and shade to her characterisation than Menzel had. We see her becoming the Witch, instead of Act One - Nice/Act Two -Witch.

I understand that performers might get tired of a role but it would be a shame for any of them to go so soon.

#9 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

I agree with Dan; saw Helen and Kerry perform together last week and thought it was fantastic. There was a chemistry between then which has grown since I last saw them on Kerry's first 'official'night in January.

#10 Elle

Elle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Anyone know if there will be a new Wizard (Nigel Planer)? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users