• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Littledaves

Littledaves

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

Having watched the first episode of his new chat show, The Michael Ball Show he has to be commended on his efforts of being a day time television show host.

This is something I think Mr Ball takes to with ease, but having watched the show it has to be questioned (not that I mind at all) but, does the musical King wear a wig?

Having watched him on This Morning promoting his television show and then watching it on ITV at 3pm I did note that his hair line was rather suspect and the top part a different colour to the sides.

Again I must stress I have nothing against this, but I have to question why does Michael not go "au naturale" as I am sure he would be embraced for his talent and cheeky charm whatever he looked like!

#2 Flossie

Flossie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

No, Michael doesn't wear a wig, unless he's in Edna mode in Hairspray. biggrin.gif He has naturally thick curly hair and it sometimes gets a bit too 'zhuzhed up' by TV studios so it does look quite different on some occasions, and I guess different sets of studio lights also add to that.  Michael is a very 'au naturale' person away from the cameras and often appeared at Hairspray stage door with damp hair - definitely not wigs.

Glad you enjoyed the TV show.  I was in the audience for 3 of the shows filmed last week, including the one shown today, and it was fascinating to see how it's all put together.  Michael is a natural performer and entertainer and the bits between filming were great fun.  He's also a natural host who very much enjoys talking to people and who, having been interviewed a lot over the last 25 years, is thoroughly enjoying asking the questions instead of answering them.  His Radio 2 Sunday Brunch show was a great success and will be back again for another run in a few weeks, and hopefully the TV show will be re-commissioned too. smile.gif

#3 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(Flossie @ Aug 17 2010, 01:13 AM) View Post
Glad you enjoyed the TV show.  I was in the audience for 3 of the shows filmed last week, including the one shown today, and it was fascinating to see how it's all put together.  Michael is a natural performer and entertainer and the bits between filming were great fun.  He's also a natural host who very much enjoys talking to people and who, having been interviewed a lot over the last 25 years, is thoroughly enjoying asking the questions instead of answering them.  His Radio 2 Sunday Brunch show was a great success and will be back again for another run in a few weeks, and hopefully the TV show will be re-commissioned too. smile.gif

Absolutely Loved the show!! I'm going to be in the audience for 2 recordings on Wednesday Evening - yet to know who the guest are however! But I am hoping that maybe one of the recordings will be one he sings at! But that's a chance I'm taking really! tongue.gif

I can't wait to go and see the recording, been to a couple of TV show recordings before and it's all just so much fun! Plus with Michael Ball, it'll be even better! Here's hoping the guests are good tongue.gif Does anyone know if there is a list showing who'll be at each recordings? Thanks!! smile.gif
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#4 dephan

dephan

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(musicalmadness @ Aug 17 2010, 01:17 PM) View Post
Does anyone know if there is a list showing who'll be at each recordings? Thanks!! smile.gif

There used to be a list on sro audiences, but they've taken it down now.
However, this is the info that was previously listed.

Weds 18th August
  3pm: Joshua Radin, Bill Paterson, Suzanne Shaw
  7:15pm: Gabriella Cilmi, Jason Manford

Thurs 19th August
  3pm: Michael Aspel
  7:15pm: Tommy Steele, Rick Astley

Weds 25th August
  3pm: Maxwell Caulfield & Juliet Mills
  7:15pm: Olly Murs

#5 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(dephan @ Aug 17 2010, 04:56 PM) View Post
There used to be a list on sro audiences, but they've taken it down now.
However, this is the info that was previously listed.

Weds 18th August
  3pm: Joshua Radin, Bill Paterson, Suzanne Shaw
  7:15pm: Gabriella Cilmi, Jason Manford

Thurs 19th August
  3pm: Michael Aspel
  7:15pm: Tommy Steele, Rick Astley

Weds 25th August
  3pm: Maxwell Caulfield & Juliet Mills
  7:15pm: Olly Murs

Oh right, brilliant - thanks for the info! I know there is one recording in the afternoon and 2 in the evening - I'll be attending the evening one on Wed, so I presume I'll be seeing Gabriella Cilmi and Jason Manford...but i wonder who'll be on the other one! Cameron Mackintosh and Gareth Gates are on one show to be transmitted on 25th August - fingers crossed it might be them! haha smile.gif

Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#6 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

I'm going to a recoding of the Michael Ball Show at the BBC Studios in White City on Wedesday 1st September and actually have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.

Tickets are for free and I got 2, but the person I got the spare ticket for can't make it. Anyone want it?

It states the gates for ticket holders opens at 6:30pm with the Studio Doors opening at 6:45pm. There is no admittance after 7:00pm.

If anyone is interested email me at benjistatham@yahoo.co.uk and I'll send you a link to the info I have.

Ant
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#7 almera

almera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(Anthony @ Aug 22 2010, 09:56 PM) View Post
I'm going to a recoding of the Michael Ball Show at the BBC Studios in White City on Wedesday 1st September and actually have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.

Tickets are for free and I got 2, but the person I got the spare ticket for can't make it. Anyone want it?

It states the gates for ticket holders opens at 6:30pm with the Studio Doors opening at 6:45pm. There is no admittance after 7:00pm.

If anyone is interested email me at benjistatham@yahoo.co.uk and I'll send you a link to the info I have.

Ant

#8 almera

almera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

Gareth Gates was fantastic when he appeared on the show where he sang 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' and I enjoyed the banter between them as ECAET is supposed to be Michael's song!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users