Play Recommendation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lynette's Young Un_*

Guest_Lynette's Young Un_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

Hello!

I'm one of Lynette's "Young Uns", and she suggested that I sought your collective advice.

I've been asked to perform in a series of 20-minute scenes, but have to bring some play suggestions to the table.  I need a contemporary piece, suitable to be performed in an art-gallery space, for a male and a female, 26-34yrs ish.  Doesn't need to be a 20 minute scene, just with content and dialogue enough to (respectfully) edit.

If you've seen/read something that might be great but that I might not accidentally discover (particularly new writing), please give me a shout!

Many many thanks,

Mary-Ann.

#2 Job

Job

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:30 AM

I suppose someone's aready mentioned Oleanna to you? Or else you might look at some of Franca Rame/Dario Fo's material.

I've just had a brainwave: the opening scene of Alan Ayckbourn's Relatively Speaking is exclusively between the young couple at the centre of the story. Ideal, I'd have thought - and very funny.

Job

P.S. Please give my love to Lynette.
With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

#3 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

How about the opening sequence of Closer - the bit in the casualty waiting room. That struck me as some of the most believable and naturalistic dialogue I've ever heard on stage. While most of it was rubbish, some of the dialogue between the heroine and 'Jesus' in On the Third Day (the play that won the C4 competition) was pretty good, though I'm not sure if the play ever made it into print.

#4 Guest_Mary-Ann_*

Guest_Mary-Ann_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for your suggestions!  Will look into them.

Mary-Ann.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users