#11 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Belle @ Nov 7 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post
While I've met a lot of absolutely lovely performers, the most outstandingly friendly person must be Jo Gibb.

Very nice person. Nearly a year since I last saw her, unfortunately.

Least pleasant I've encountered was Shane Ritchie, we were waiting to speak to Mazz Murray at the WWRY stage door, and he was also there to see her.  Enormous "Don't you know who I am???" attitude, and no, couldn't put a name to the face at the time actually!

"The fact that you think it matters implies you're nobody worth bothering with."

It seems to be mostly people who have more success than they deserve who have that attitude. They probably drive fast, expensive cars and own large, ferocious dogs as well, if you know what I mean and I'm sure that you do.

I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#12 Elle

Elle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

Philip Quast was nice (outside NT after Forum), Jason Isaacs was nice (outside Trafalgar after Dumb Waiter ~ missed Lee Evans who didn't show - after matinee - but nice to read the other encounters), Juliet Stephenson was very nice and attentive (after We Happy Few)... I tend not to these days but couldn't resist Aidan Gillen (after GGR) ~ so handsome.

#13 Evie

Evie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

Wow what a great response! Lee Evans sounds like a really nice guy and I have heard alot of people on another board say that Gavin from Mary Poppins was a really pleasant man. Belle, I'm so pleased to hear that Jo Gibb was nice as I went to see her in Chitty Chitty but never went to the stage door to meet her and I really regret it. The kindest person in my opinion is John Partridge. Both times I met him he was lovely and th second time he remembered my name and gave me a huge bear hug for a greeting and just before I left. He stood for quite sometime speaking to me even though he had people waiting for him and he was so lovely as I was very nervous but he really put me at ease.
Evie
x x x

#14 MaxCady

MaxCady

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:52 PM

Ralph Fiennes was very nice when he appeared in Brand @ RSC Stratford. He spent about twenty minutes signing autographs & photos
         David Bradley was also  very friendly when he did the "Henry" plays at the NT a couple of years ago

#15 Emma

Emma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Music, Comedy & West End

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

MiG Ayesa was lovely when I met him a few years ago after We Will Rock You.

Kevin Spacey is as lovely as always when you meet him. He comes out after evening shows and matinees cause he knows a lot of people are there because of him. He said one evening in December when I was there that even though he was freezing he was still happy to talk to all of us. There was about 20 of us.

Michael Ball was so adorable when he was in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. He came out ages after everyone else and he was all jokey and smiley and chatting with everyone.

Waited for Ewan McGregor too when he was in Guys & Dolls but he never showed. Met Douglas Hodge and Jane Kazmerack tho. Both lovely

It's a short sentence, the second word is "off"

#16 am247

am247

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:43 PM

Lesley Manville and Dame Diana Rigg were both absolutely lovely. I met them after seeing all about my mother on October 9th. Lesley was very friendly and very patient (my pen was out of ink so I had to rummage for another.) And Dame Diana actually stayed and talked with me and the two others who waited for a little while, which was great. Mark Gatiss was also nice, but he was in a tiny bit of a hurry, but I still got his autograph. I was surprised by how tall he is in person though.

#17 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(am247 @ Nov 7 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post
Lesley Manville and Dame Diana Rigg were both absolutely lovely. I met them after seeing all about my mother on October 9th. Lesley was very friendly and very patient (my pen was out of ink so I had to rummage for another.) And Dame Diana actually stayed and talked with me and the two others who waited for a little while, which was great. Mark Gatiss was also nice, but he was in a tiny bit of a hurry, but I still got his autograph. I was surprised by how tall he is in person though.

Did they use the Spacey "cat-flap"??

#18 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(Emma @ Nov 7 2007, 07:20 PM) View Post
MiG Ayesa was lovely when I met him a few years ago after We Will Rock You.

'Star' in every sense of the word. Just wonderful.

Jane Krakowski at Guys and Dolls was just lovely. Very kind and patient and happy to pose for photos.

Though I didn't wait for him personally, I was stood in the foyer after Twelfth Night at Stratford and saw John Lithgow speaking to everyone who had waited for him and making sure they each had the photos/autographs they were after.

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#19 am247

am247

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(MrsDoyle @ Nov 8 2007, 08:14 AM) View Post
Did they use the Spacey "cat-flap"??

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

#20 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(am247 @ Nov 8 2007, 04:55 PM) View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

There was a joke story that Spacey had an "autograph flap" installed on the Old Vic stage door, a "glory hole", if you will. And that he would only sign stuff poked through the flap - so he'd sign it, then shove it back out again, while remaining firmly on the other side of the door and not having to engage with anyone in any way, while loud fairground music played. Complete nonsense of course, but quite funny.

And I added the bit about the fairground music, just to make something up to embroider the already made-up-ness.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users