Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Those photos are faked!

Hmmmm... looks like I can't keep up my poo-pooing of this story. Although, from the second link it doesn't look like a 'hatch' to me, more like another doorway. (Can I claw this one back in my favour?!) The story I'd heard at the time made out it was like one of those narrow food hatches in prison, more or less a glorified letterbox, and if you were lucky you might see Spacey's hand signing the autograph, and you'd wander off, sucking thoughtfully on a tooth and wondering if it'd even been him at all. Plus of course you'd have been discombobulated by the loud fairground music - oh hang on, I made that bit up, didn't I.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#32 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

laugh.gif

I agree, it was made to sound a bit like a confessional, rather than the hot-dog van it appears more closely to resemble.

#33 farbulous

farbulous

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(David @ Nov 6 2007, 05:26 PM) View Post
Samantha Bond was very nice after Donkey's Years, as was David Haig.
The best encounter (of few) was with Omid Djalili after his stand-up show, he discussed his show, and when he signed a flyer he told us how much he loved signing autographs. Top bloke.

Have you seen his show on TV, (Omid's) it's Sunday eve I think. he's brilliant and barking mad. He'll go on for years. His humour is so good, he's a genius and reminds me of kenny Everett, in that he's different to anyone for ages

#34 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(farbulous @ Nov 22 2007, 08:21 PM) View Post
Have you seen his show on TV, (Omid's) it's Sunday eve I think. he's brilliant and barking mad. He'll go on for years. His humour is so good, he's a genius and reminds me of kenny Everett, in that he's different to anyone for ages

Yes, one of the few good new comedy shows this year!

#35 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Nov 9 2007, 04:13 PM) View Post
laugh.gif

I agree, it was made to sound a bit like a confessional, rather than the hot-dog van it appears more closely to resemble.

I meant to say at the time, I loved the image this put in my mind. Spacey doling out weiners in buns, politely asking if they want ketchup or mustard, cheerfully slapping it on. Wiping his hands on his apron. "There you go. Next!"

#36 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:10 PM

smile.gif I think there was a scene in American Beauty a bit like that.

#37 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Nov 23 2007, 12:10 PM) View Post
smile.gif I think there was a scene in American Beauty a bit like that.

Yep, here you are, this isn't actually from the film but a shot of Kev moonlighting down the Elephan & Castle when his work at the Old Vic looked a bit rocky!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/fant...eek/ameri01.jpg

#38 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

The signing hatch is an excellent idea, Sir Ian used it when he dame-ed up for the pantos as it gives the star total control over the enviroment. Too often where there are narrow pavements around stage doors it can get very crowded as you can have say 50 people waiting, a 20 member cast, 10 member orchestra and say 30 plus theatre staff all trying to leave as well as the other audience members who are still dispersing. The Lee Mead inside signing is also an excellent idea as the pavement by the Adelphi stage door goes quite narrow if I recall.

#39 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

Yes - but I was disappointed when I learned it wasn't just a slot that spat the autographs back out like an ATM. I found the idea very amusing. Although it's more than compensated by the hotdog van idea.

Perhaps high-profile celebs should just carry hatches around with them everywhere. Just in case they need to suddenly set it up and do a few ad hoc signings.

#40 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

There was a story that I heard, may have just been a rumour that Sir Ian came down to sign between performances still in dame make-up and a drunk had joined the queue and came face to face with Sir Ian at the window and then ran off in fright.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users