Oliviers (and Other Awards) Front Runners So Far

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(Titan @ Oct 4 2010, 07:17 AM) View Post
See I think Thaxtons role is standard 'leading man' to be honest in the same way Phantom is, im not saying he isnt very good in it, but I dont see what is so different about it from anyother troubled romantic leading man.

What I meant was that Giorgio is not exactly a strong romantic lead. He isn't supposed to be. If he was an obvious romantic lead, the whole thing wouldn't work, considering it's Fosca who is "leading" him (leading everyone) and directing him, influencing him and controlling him almost throughout the whole thing. The dynamics are completely different.

#22 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

The Evening Standard Awards come first and give a pretty good indication of what will win the Oliviers though not always the same.

#23 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

Except the Evening Standard awards are rubbish. They only have one category specifically for musicals, and musicals often end up being rather shut out in all the other categories. Might be a useful barometer for the play categories, but not much for musicals. smile.gif

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#24 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

Sorry, popped this into wrong box - meant for the plays thread...confusing two threads with almost same heading!  blink.gif

#25 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

Heh, that's okay. I just look for any excuse to jump on the Evening Standard awards. wink.gif And what's the deal with not giving any love to supporting performances either, I'd like to know!

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

As the Evening Standard has now announced its shortlist with a total of three nominations for MT performers - all female - there is really no indication at all for the potential "Best Actor in a Musical" Olivier nominees, but I'm guessing that David Thaxton, Michael Xavier (for Love Story) and Ramin Karimloo have a shot. Considering the nods for Sheridan Smith and Elena Roger, I expect to see them on the list for the Oliviers, too, not sure about other female leads... Emma Williams?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users