#11 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

It makes perfect sense to flip the scenes about though, depending on whether you want Viola as your POV character (introduce her first, then Illyria), or if you'd rather let the audience see it as the impact she has on the place (in which case we'd need to see others first). smile.gif

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#12 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5133 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Weez @ Oct 12 2010, 04:47 PM) View Post
It makes perfect sense to flip the scenes about though, depending on whether you want Viola as your POV character (introduce her first, then Illyria), or if you'd rather let the audience see it as the impact she has on the place (in which case we'd need to see others first). smile.gif

Seriously I have seen it done with V on first but can't remember where ..was it an RSC job?

#13 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

I have a vague memory that the Donmar West End production was done that way, but I honestly don't remember for certain. O_O

#14 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

I could get an EP ticket for this, but planning so far in advance is stressful,
I think I'll just give it a miss...

smile.gif

| The Lion King | Grease | Blood Brothers | Les Miserables | Mamma Mia! | The 39 Steps | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat | The Sound of Music | The Year of Magical Thinking (NT) | The Glass Menagerie (UK Tour) | Carousel (UK Tour) | A Little Night Music (Menier) | Madame de Sade (Donmar West End) | War Horse | Phedre (NT) | The Woman in Black | Hair | Deathtrap | The Phantom of the Opera | Jersey Boys | Billy Elliot | Hamlet (NT) |

#15 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

^I guess you could dayseat it, or book an EP and always return it.
By the way, I've only ever sat (or stood) in the pit in the Cottesloe. For this, I've got a front facing level 2 EP ticket. It says restricted view, but the 'view from seat' photo on the NT website looks totally unrestricted. Has anyone sat there, and if so what's the view like?

#16 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Pharaoh @ Oct 12 2010, 07:56 PM) View Post

Ohh - return it, can I do that??

| The Lion King | Grease | Blood Brothers | Les Miserables | Mamma Mia! | The 39 Steps | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat | The Sound of Music | The Year of Magical Thinking (NT) | The Glass Menagerie (UK Tour) | Carousel (UK Tour) | A Little Night Music (Menier) | Madame de Sade (Donmar West End) | War Horse | Phedre (NT) | The Woman in Black | Hair | Deathtrap | The Phantom of the Opera | Jersey Boys | Billy Elliot | Hamlet (NT) |

#17 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

PN2 - got a seat number? I'm well acquainted with the upper reaches of the Cottesloe and may be able to shed a little light, but there are different reasons. smile.gif

#18 Smiley

Smiley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Pharaoh @ Oct 12 2010, 07:56 PM) View Post
By the way, I've only ever sat (or stood) in the pit in the Cottesloe. For this, I've got a front facing level 2 EP ticket. It says restricted view, but the 'view from seat' photo on the NT website looks totally unrestricted. Has anyone sat there, and if so what's the view like?

I think that's where I am for Beauty and the Beast (I'll be 16, but we all need a little escapism, don't we?? wink.gif ). T28/T29 methinks. According to a couple of people on TheatreMonkey, Restricted view is absolute baloney and you can see perfectly well.

smile.gif

Now I just need to persuade my parent to book for this...

#19 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Weez @ Oct 12 2010, 08:02 PM) View Post
PN2 - got a seat number? I'm well acquainted with the upper reaches of the Cottesloe and may be able to shed a little light, but there are different reasons. smile.gif

T32 for Twelfth Night
I paid a bit more for Beauty and the Beast, and went for P22 (first level front facing I think).

#20 Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Row T is not restricted view (and is a real bargain) for end-stage productions like this, but it can be restricted if the production is traverse or in-the-round staging or whatever else they do when the stage sticks out further into the pit. But there's no-one behind you so no problem leaning forward if necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users