#11 TheatreMadGoer

TheatreMadGoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Pharaoh @ Oct 17 2010, 08:14 AM) View Post
^Oh right, sorry. So the normal thrust stage must be virtually in the round then!

Apart from the narrow part at the back of the stage, yes, is fairly wrap around.

#12 Guest_Jenny Storry_*

Guest_Jenny Storry_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

November 10th
Its very good ..too long, especially for kids in the audience who were flaking at 3 hours. It'll improve on that given the rehearsal time till Press Night. A real company piece with some clever touches and some especially well choreographed  Dance pieces and memorable and intelligent music and lyrics . (Tim Minchin was in the audience).
The girl who played Matilda (Kerry Ingham) was excellent especially as she was one of 3 Matildas and we were told by Matthew Warchus at the start that she had taken that performance over during the day as the other lost her voice...and it not hard to see why. She was only 9 and could sing ,dance, act and express meaningful emotion without any embarrasing coyness...impressive. She got a standing ovation deservedly .
Although it might appear to be a children's show I would advise any adult party to see it. its a very enjoyable evening and as it gets warmed up will get even better.

#13 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

This is getting some very positive feedback on Facebook and Twitter. Can't wait to see, although sadly I'll have to wait 'til January.

#14 WickedlyJai

WickedlyJai

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

Saw this last night and thought it were superb. The girl who played Matilda - 'Adrianna Bertola' was fantastic. Her stage presence was great.

My only concern is i thought there was alot of content and times i felt it were dragging. Also there was a scene at the end involving the mafia that was just completely unnecessary. If they cut this down properly i think it would do great in out of town possible transfer.

#15 Guest_zahidf_*

Guest_zahidf_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Any chance of a london transfer?

#16 Guest_Elixa_*

Guest_Elixa_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

A link to my review of 'Matilda' is posted in another thread. I'm a bit reluctant to post the Youtube link here as it comes up embarrassingly large. Here is the link to the page it's on in the other thread.

http://www.whatsonst...ls/page__st__50

I agree the Mafia scene needs to go - it drags out the ending.

#17 WickedlyJai

WickedlyJai

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

View PostElixa, on 20 November 2010 - 11:38 AM, said:

A link to my review of 'Matilda' is posted in another thread. I'm a bit reluctant to post the Youtube link here as it comes up embarrassingly large. Here is the link to the page it's on in the other thread.

http://www.whatsonst...ls/page__st__50

I agree the Mafia scene needs to go - it drags out the ending.

loved your review. i also thought it was left too long for the magic bit well into halfway throught the second act.

we both saw the same Matilda who was FANTASTIC

#18 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

i saw it this afternoon and loved it!

i started my posting about the invisible man with the words of craig revel horwood and why change - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

the matilda we had this afternoon was adrianna (im sure i saw her as young cosette) and she was brilliant - how she remembered some of the long sections of dialogue amazed me. for one so young she has amazing stage presence

i thought the entire design was terrific, and they made good use of the space - not sure where it would play in london without significant changes to the staging

the performances where brilliant - thought that lauren ward was a great miss honey (very different to her statuesque and beautiful baroness in sound of music), a hillarious performance from bertie carvel as miss trunchpull, and i thought that josie walker was brilliant as mrs wormwood - why is she not a HUGE star? she was across between bet lynch, liz mcdonald and cat moon

i hope this comes to london so that i can see it when it is a tighter slicker staging

#19 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

Looks amazing - can't wait to see it! :D

#20 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

Agree that the trailer is amazing! Hope it comes to London...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users