Brilliant, looking forward to it :)

#702 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I had never seen any clips of this show at all before the RVP last night but I absolutely loved it :D When I Grow Up is such a catchy song and I love the swings - they looked like such fun, I want a go on them! I don't know how the kids managed to sing at the same time though, they looked very high. I enjoyed it show much I had to watch it again today on Youtube. I'd been wanting to see this show for a while and want to go even more now. I doubt I'll stand much chance getting a decent seat on a Saturday matinee so might have to organise a trip to London so I can go one evening.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#703 bfr23

bfr23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi there,

we've just booked a trip to London after New Year's (5-7 Jan) and would love to see Matilda - but it seems to be sold out on both days it's performing during our stay (5th&6th Jan). On Seatwave there's no tickets for sale, viagogo offers seats for 200 upwards and lastminute.com only offers single seats, but there's two of us :-( Any experience with return tickets? Does the theatre offer them; how big is the queue usually -> might it be worth waiting at the box office? Thanks so much in advance!

#704 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

View Postbfr23, on 18 December 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hi there,

we've just booked a trip to London after New Year's (5-7 Jan) and would love to see Matilda - but it seems to be sold out on both days it's performing during our stay (5th&6th Jan). On Seatwave there's no tickets for sale, viagogo offers seats for 200 upwards and lastminute.com only offers single seats, but there's two of us :-( Any experience with return tickets? Does the theatre offer them; how big is the queue usually -> might it be worth waiting at the box office? Thanks so much in advance!

Have you tried Discount Theatre? They often have seats on there even when Seetickets/RSC shows the performances to be sold out. I got some earlier in the year fairly close to the date. Be prepared to pay a hefty booking fee for going through other sources. London Theatre Direct also might be worth a try. Theatremonkey website lists all the vendors, make sure you check all of them if you're desperate to go. Can't comment on the returns as haven't done it.

Although this show does sell out, there is good availability if you book around 6-8 weeks in advance. I've just booked for mid-February for a Christmas present and a lot of the lower price bands were still available. RSC has a different allocation to Seetickets it seems so do check both.

And finally - loved the When I Grow Up/Naughty medley in RVP, both of those songs are my two highlights of the show, particularly WIGU at the end of Act 1 (I think), it's just tremendous. Can't wait to go again.

#705 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

When I Grow Up is at the beginning of act 2 - definitely one of the best songs in the show for me.

#706 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View Postholler, on 18 December 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Although this show does sell out, there is good availability if you book around 6-8 weeks in advance. I've just booked for mid-February for a Christmas present and a lot of the lower price bands were still available. RSC has a different allocation to Seetickets it seems so do check both.

Different allocation, yes - the RSC's one appears to be much smaller than See's, with anything hanging unsold being passed on shortly before performances.

#707 bfr23

bfr23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

View Postholler, on 18 December 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Have you tried Discount Theatre? They often have seats on there even when Seetickets/RSC shows the performances to be sold out. I got some earlier in the year fairly close to the date. Be prepared to pay a hefty booking fee for going through other sources. London Theatre Direct also might be worth a try. Theatremonkey website lists all the vendors, make sure you check all of them if you're desperate to go. Can't comment on the returns as haven't done it.

I've tried them all - no chance, they 've only got single seats.. So: Anyone knows anything about returns? Obviously it might be worth asking the box office beforehand, but they wouldn't give me a direct phone number so I could ask there..

#708 emkay

emkay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I tried the returns queue when I was there in October. I showed up about an hour before the show and I was the first one there, but I wasn't standing there very long before a woman walked up to me with spare tickets to sell, so I bought one.  I've heard from friends that the returns queue is unpredictable.  You sometimes have to wait there until showtime and sometimes they have tickets and sometimes they don't.  I'm glad I didn't have to wait, but it's worth a try.  It's a wonderful show.

#709 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

stumbled across this the other day, wondered people's thoughts? I in no way claim to be an expert on West End performers' pay but £60 did strike me as quite low for the lead role! (Even though that is probably a lot to a child!)

http://www.dailymail...unterparts.html

#710 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

What is equity minimum for an adult actor? I would assume a child actor would be on a lower wage as they dont do as many performances. Broadway I think they get paid the same as adults.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users