How come it was cancelled?

#722 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Due to technical difficulties. just what i've seen written on twitter !

#723 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Second time that's happened...eek! Can't imagine people's disappointment :(

#724 jwn1949

jwn1949

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

HI

I saw the Matilda Matinee today  and I am convinced that they have cut 2 scenes.

Matilda came on dressed in her school uniform - not the blue dress. Then the action went straight from the Wormwood living room to miss honeys classroom - completely missing out School Song.

Also later in the show, there was no scene where they try to get the superglued hat off Mr Wormwoods head.

I last saw the show in November 2011, which I think might still have been in previews..

Have these changes been made recently - or have they been in place quite a while?

Thanks

#725 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Well that's... odd. Can't see them making changes unless they had to, with the original being so good. I can only guess that something has gon wrong with the set or automation or something, meaning those scenes couldn't happen. Very strange.

#726 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

No School Song!! I loved that scene.

#727 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Saturday matinees seem cursed! I am guessing it won't be a permanent change, must have been a problem with the school song set, and Matilda had to come on in her uniform as she would normally have school song to change.

#728 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

I can't see why they'd ever scrap School Song as standard, so I can only presume it was a technical problem of some sort but that must have given automation a minor headache to get it cued up and working.

The superglue hat sequence, do you mean when he's trying to remove it at the garage or in the interval song?

#729 jon01

jon01

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

View Postjwn1949, on 09 February 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Also later in the show, there was no scene where they try to get the superglued hat off Mr Wormwoods head..

Have these changes been made recently - or have they been in place quite a while?

Thanks

The hat removal scene with the explosives at the start of Act 2 was removed in 2012. Did you not notice that the hat now comes off at a more appropriate moment towards the end of the show?

The biggest recent change is where the girl Lavender takes over the 'Telly' mic at the start of Act 2 before 'When I Grow Up'

#730 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I can shed some light about the 'school song' missing. I was at the show on Friday night and at the end of the song when the school gates were going off they jammed resulting in a show stop. I did notice that the cast were being more violent with the shaking of the gates than they have been when I've seen the show before so maybe that resulted in them slipping out of their track or something similar but we had quite a lenghty show stop after that.

As for wormwood's hat being blown off that's just one of the many changes they've made since the new cast came in. Lots of new blocking and underscoring too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users