996 replies to this topic

#741 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Does that mean Hayley has left? She was sensational when I saw her.

#742 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostCatqc, on 05 March 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Only one new Matilda or all new Matildas?

I have no idea really. Hayley has left, and a new one starts tonight but not sure about the other 3!

#743 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

The website hasn't changed as far as I can see...except that Matilda opened on Broadway last night!

#744 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I walked past the theatre earlier and there was a girl listed as Matilda whose name I didn't recognise. I want to say something Fry.... Christine? I'm probably COMPLETELY wrong about her name! Well, I hope she had fun, whoever she is :)

#745 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hayley left on Sunday. She was excellent!!!

#746 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Broadway previews have started - show seems 98% the same as the Summer 2012 revisions to West End (i.e. changing Miracle into a kid's party). The only real difference seems to be at the start of Act Two. The Entr'acte has been cut right down, followed immediately by Lavender's "newt" speech, then When I Grow Up.

Unless I've totally missed this, in London When I Grow Up still opens right after Telly/Entr'acte, doesn't it?

#747 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostDanielWhit, on 06 March 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

Broadway previews have started - show seems 98% the same as the Summer 2012 revisions to West End (i.e. changing Miracle into a kid's party). The only real difference seems to be at the start of Act Two. The Entr'acte has been cut right down, followed immediately by Lavender's "newt" speech, then When I Grow Up.

Unless I've totally missed this, in London When I Grow Up still opens right after Telly/Entr'acte, doesn't it?
It is Telly, then Lavender and then When I Grow Up at the moment in London. I think it used to be telly then when I grow up too.

#748 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I havent seen this for ages (before summer 2012) but wasnt Miracle always a kids' party? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was...

#749 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Do we know if it's all new Matilda's yet?

Or why Hayley has left? Is there only a certain time allowed for them to perform seeing as they're so young? Or was she too old for the part now?

#750 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

I thought I read somewhere ages ago that its something to do with the height of the Matilda rather than their age? Obviously they have to look young enough also!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users