996 replies to this topic

#751 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not yet. I don't think they do it so it's 4 leave in a row and 4 new ones in a row. Hayley has been there nearly a year whereas the others started in August, so that might be why she's gone earlier :) And I think she is a little taller than the other 3.

#752 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Ah I hadn't realised she started earlier than the other Matilda's. I was just hoping to see her again but I'm sure all the others are just as great!

#753 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Why us everyone obsessed with who's playing Matilda ?!They are unknown children... Bit odd.

#754 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

View Posttommo2k, on 06 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

It is Telly, then Lavender and then When I Grow Up at the moment in London. I think it used to be telly then when I grow up too.

Ooh, right - haven't seen it since June so that was news to me!

View PostCatqc, on 06 March 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I havent seen this for ages (before summer 2012) but wasnt Miracle always a kids' party? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was...

Ah, sorry, should be more clear - the original teacher role now is a clown, complete with balloons.

View PostMrBarnaby, on 06 March 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Why us everyone obsessed with who's playing Matilda ?!They are unknown children... Bit odd.

They are also playing easily the biggest role in one of the West End's top shows. It's easy to see why people pay attention to it.

#755 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 06 March 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

The same way everyone is obsessed with who's playing the leads in all the other shows in town?

#756 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Yes but that surely is based on the likelihood of having seen those performers in many other shows and following their careers.. These are kids. I don't understand. People are doing it on broadway world too.. Obsessing over which 9 year old is playing Annie.

#757 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Why should their age matter? People have an idea of who they'd prefer to see based on word of mouth, clips or previous experience. Some people like to know who they're going to see! It shouldn't matter too much with this show though as all the children in the show are great.

#758 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

The thing I find weird about it, is no one has a bad word to say about any of them. It's not like "Oh it is an X show, wish I didn't have tickets", everyone loves whichever one they see, don't they?

#759 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 10 March 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Yes but that surely is based on the likelihood of having seen those performers in many other shows and following their careers.. These are kids. I don't understand. People are doing it on broadway world too.. Obsessing over which 9 year old is playing Annie.
I don't quite agree - a lot of discussion over actors is based on their merits as actors and not how well known they are/are likely to become! And all performers have to start somewhere! These kids may well be the 'known' performers in a few years!

#760 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

That's slightly my point as well... Not one of them is a star.. They are all fabulous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users