996 replies to this topic

#851 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

They are the cheapest upper circle seats, only 8 per show.

#852 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

They recently doubled the amount available to 16 per show, but they're still in the same area.

#853 lkcool

lkcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

The queue fills up pretty early these days, I think it's because the shows getting a lot more hype.

#854 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

Just returned from the Broadway version of Matilda and it was as amazing as the London production!

Only criticism is the accents (toned down) and also how the wormwoods were more toned down !

Also, <spoiler for those who dont want to know the differences>, they cut the mr. wormwood section around him losing his hair after the supergluing of the hair..and his hair changed back to the normal colour at the end...

#855 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

The wormwoods were more toned down as in less 'loud' ?? Interesting,I thought the wormwoods were really well done in London...

#856 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostCatqc, on 02 May 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

The wormwoods were more toned down as in less 'loud' ?? Interesting,I thought the wormwoods were really well done in London...

it wasn't as 'over the top' as london but i put it down to character choices on broadway?

#857 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

I'd definitely put it down to character choices, Paul Kaye and Josie Walker had a very brilliant yet outlandish style in the original cast, subsequent ones seem to have decided to use different styles. So long as the characterisation fits in with the overall show, it's all good in my book :)

#858 lkcool

lkcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Lucy Mae Beacock just performed her last show as Matilda this afternoon. She will be missed.

#859 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I saw Lucy's last performance this afternoon. Was my first time seeing the show and I managed to purchase a £5 ticket from the box office early this morning. I really enjoyed the show and thought that the music and cast were fantastic- particularly Haley and David. James Gardner also made a wonderful Bruce- he had a great voice!

The only downside was not being able to understand what was being sung at some points, particularly in the 'bigger' songs such as 'Loud'...this was probably because of our seat location in the upper circle, though!

Very proud of it being a completely original British musical and its' recent opening on B'way- it'll do well, I feel!

#860 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Ah she was my Matilda.
Which way did he go McGill?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users