- - - - -

Cats!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Beth! tadaaa :)_*

Guest_Beth! tadaaa :)_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:43 AM

I have an obsession with musicals - the more weirdly dramatic the better! and all my life (15 years  tongue.gif ) ALL I've ever wanted was to be in the West-end... and my absolute fave has got to be cats smile.gif
ALL I WANT IS AN AGENT!
When I'm older, I'M GONNA BE GRIZABELLA!
...Or Rumpleteazer... and there's nothing at all to be done about that! haha tongue.gif

#2 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(Beth! tadaaa :) @ Dec 30 2007, 03:43 AM) View Post
I have an obsession with musicals - the more weirdly dramatic the better! and all my life (15 years tongue.gif ) ALL I've ever wanted was to be in the West-end... and my absolute fave has got to be cats smile.gif
ALL I WANT IS AN AGENT!
...Or Rumpleteazer... and there's nothing at all to be done about that! haha tongue.gif

Youll have to wait for cats toe return to west end chich i am sure will be a very very long time away., certainly not for another 15 years.

#3 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

You'll have to be a lot older to play Grizabella. Besides, it's something of a duff role. You get to come on once at the start of the show and dance a bit, after which you return to your dressing room and put on a shabby coat. Half an hour later you come on and potter across the stage, and at the end of the first act you do it again, only this time you get to sing the most tediously overdone number in the history of musical theatre. After the interval you have to return to the stage and sit there looking bored for all of five minutes, and then at the end of the second act you come back and sing the same song you sang at the end of the first act, only this time you get to top it off with the thrill of walking up some stairs.

...Or Rumpleteazer... and there's nothing at all to be done about that!

A far better role.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#4 Guest_Adam_*

Guest_Adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

I have an obsession with musicals - the more weirdly dramatic the better! and all my life (15 years  tongue.gif ) ALL I've ever wanted was to be in the West-end... and my absolute fave has got to be cats smile.gif
ALL I WANT IS AN AGENT!

Cats is always a very popular musical that young people aspire to be in. All I can say... Without sounding harsh or mean... Is that in order to be cast in cats you need to get yourself to Ballet class and work extremely hard. You're only fifteen so you have time if you put in the hours. The perfomers in cats are at the absolute top of technical dancers... Only hard work will open the doors to a musical like this.
Other than that... You'd better hope that the show returns to the theatre world!

#5 Guest_Chaz_star_*

Guest_Chaz_star_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, how long do you think it will be until cats is open again as i would really like to be part of it. I'm taking grade 5 ballet soon and various other exams (LAMDA, BA, ISTD, RAD) etc. I also do acrobatics at my current theater school and i'm on grade 10. When i'm older i really would like to work in the westend and as Cats is one of my favorites i was wondering if anyone new anything.

♥ Thanks ♥

Chaz laugh.gif

#6 Guest_Guest_PGTips_*_*

Guest_Guest_PGTips_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Chaz_star @ Feb 12 2009, 01:57 PM) View Post
Yeah, how long do you think it will be until cats is open again as i would really like to be part of it. I'm taking grade 5 ballet soon and various other exams (LAMDA, BA, ISTD, RAD) etc. I also do acrobatics at my current theater school and i'm on grade 10. When i'm older i really would like to work in the westend and as Cats is one of my favorites i was wondering if anyone new anything.

♥ Thanks ♥

Chaz laugh.gif

I expect CATS will come back before long - maybe in about 5 years. Lloyd Webber said a while ago that he wants to do it again, with new orchestrations etc.

#7 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

Oh lord, haven't we suffered enough? sad.gif

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#8 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

I've always thought that producers will bring back long running shows for the 2012 olympics and that might include Cats. I hope it's not too long before it's back. I saw it when I was bout 5 and have since watched the video many times.

#9 Guest_Guest_Agent_*_*

Guest_Guest_Agent_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:05 AM

ALL I WANT IS AN AGENT!

Start with talent, dear.

#10 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip