- - - - -

Usher/front Of House Job Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_smelly moose_*

Guest_smelly moose_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

It says to there is an open interview from 3 - 8. is that any time between 3 and 8 or for the duration?

how will it work? just handing in an application form? big group interviews to save time? etc...?

#12 Guest_smelly moose_*

Guest_smelly moose_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

Any one?? unsure.gif

#13 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

It's usually a group interview.

#14 Guest_adam riley_*

Guest_adam riley_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

My friend said aparently they interview in groups of 25 - 30.

How does that even work?!?! With that many people? Seriously?

What time is best to go then?

#15 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(adam riley @ Mar 16 2009, 11:54 AM)  
My friend said aparently they interview in groups of 25 - 30.

How does that even work?!?! With that many people? Seriously?

What time is best to go then?

They want to see how you work around people, as part of a team and then they'll probably keep a certain amount of people back for one-to-ones.

Why not just turn up at 3pm like everyone else and see what happens.... like everyone else.

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hello, I also want to get an usher/FOH job at a London theatre and I had a few questions. Is it better to send in a 1 or 2 page CV because I was wondering if there's such a thing as being "over qualified" (my friend in the US was told once she was over qualified for an ushering job so that made me wonder). Also, does anyone have any tips for writing covering letters for these jobs? In particular, I'm concerned about the fact that I have very little work experience (but I'm not that old! I'm currently completing a masters program which i started right after my undergrad) and the little work experience I do have isn't really customer service related! Also, I never know what to write in covering letters for small jobs like this in the part where you state why you want to work there. The truth is, I love theatre and would like to work in the arts and have to start somewhere (not to mention I need some extra cash but of course I won't say that). But why I want to work in that specific theatre? There are definitely a few I'd LOVE to work in, just because of what's playing there but I feel like I shouldn't say that either. help? How do you not sound cheesy or fake?

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Keep your CV to one page.

#18 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

In your covering letter, explain any relevant experience you may have - especially of any face-to-face customer-based positions you may have had before. Also - mention your interest in theatre.

To be honest...... as long as you are a competant person and can come across as an easy going, passionate person - you're very likely to get the job.

#19 truecolor

truecolor

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

spammer credit auto

I kindda have the same idea wink.gif

#20 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

hi i noticed someone mentioned that some theatres only want people who can work all 8 shows for front of house jobs. i'm only allowed to work up to 20 hrs a week with my student visa. do you think this will be a problem for me if i want to apply for part time foh jobs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users