8 replies to this topic

#1 EarthAngel1688

EarthAngel1688

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi there,

I have always been passionate about the theatre, particularly the west end and have recently moved to London. As a result, I am interested in front of house/usher work and am trying to get hold of contact details of people in the west end theatres in charge of hiring for such roles. However I am having trouble getting hold of the contact details for somebody within the prince edward theatre for whom I can personally address my CV/cover letter too.  If anybody knows of the relevant person or even a direct number for the theatre so that I could ring them directly and ask, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Laura

P.S - If you happen to know the contact details of the front of house manager for another west end theatre that would be extremely helpful as well!

#2 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

Just post a CV and cover letter FAO the Front of House Manager via Stage Door.

#3 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

View PostEarthAngel1688, on 01 November 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

Hi there,

I have always been passionate about the theatre, particularly the west end and have recently moved to London. As a result, I am interested in front of house/usher work and am trying to get hold of contact details of people in the west end theatres in charge of hiring for such roles. However I am having trouble getting hold of the contact details for somebody within the prince edward theatre for whom I can personally address my CV/cover letter too.  If anybody knows of the relevant person or even a direct number for the theatre so that I could ring them directly and ask, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Laura

P.S - If you happen to know the contact details of the front of house manager for another west end theatre that would be extremely helpful as well!

Hi Laura,

If you call the box office for the theatre (you will 10000% find the number for all west end theatres online somewhere!!) and ask for the stage door number, they will more than likely give it to you. That way you can find out exactly who to address it too (and right spelling). And yes, ALWAYS include a covering letter that is obviously personally written and not bulk written, explaining why you be an asset to their company, and why you want do that job with them. CV's without a covering letter go straight into the bin and no one reads them! This will put you ahead of other people! Another thing you can do which many people decide to do is actually going round the west end and personally handing in your CV/Covering letter to the box office, or stage door, or whoever deals with it. That way you don't have to worry about phoning up and getting address' and right spellings, and you can just hand it in. Most of the time, they will say they're not looking for jobs currently, and they may even say it over the phone, but still hand/send the CV in, as you never know when they might call! As far as the Prince Edward Theatre goes, I know they had an open-audition style interview where anyone could turn up and hand in their CV and have an interview as they were looking for staff, but that was the Friday just gone. So I would
personally take a trip up there and ask them about it, or of course you can phone and ask! Hope that helps :)

Danny
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#4 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:16 PM

I used to work there. they do not recruit big fans of the show FYI

#5 EarthAngel1688

EarthAngel1688

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

View Postguest, on 02 November 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

I used to work there. they do not recruit big fans of the show FYI

really? I have seen a majority of the west end shows, including jersey boys, so is this something all the theatres do or just the prince edward?

@ danny: thanks for the reply was very helpful. where did you hear about the open interview at the theatre?

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Here is a list of stage door numbers:

http://www.equity.or...oorcontacts.pdf

Just phone up and ask for the name of the person you want to write to

#7 Guest_woodpusher_*

Guest_woodpusher_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostEarthAngel1688, on 01 November 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance
Laura

Why does only FOH appeal?  If your that passionate then wouldnt backstage get you right in the action?

#8 EarthAngel1688

EarthAngel1688

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

View Postwoodpusher, on 08 November 2010 - 03:11 PM, said:

Why does only FOH appeal?  If your that passionate then wouldnt backstage get you right in the action?

I would love to do that but Iv always thought you need lots of theatre qualifications to be involved in any of the backstage stuff (which i dont have) so I thought the most suitable option would be FOH...

#9 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

View PostEarthAngel1688, on 11 November 2010 - 12:08 PM, said:

I would love to do that but Iv always thought you need lots of theatre qualifications to be involved in any of the backstage stuff (which i dont have) so I thought the most suitable option would be FOH...

Not necessarily - you could, for example, apply to be a dresser. You don't need any qualifications for that - you just need to prove that you are competant and trustworthy and reliable (and very good at coping with quick-changes involving sweaty costumes occasionally!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users