6 replies to this topic

#1 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

Is anybody on the board a friend of ATG and are the discounts they offer available on the top price seats?

#2 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Discounts tend to be on top price seats, they also seem to keep a few back for friends which is great! Plus, the greatest bonus, if you book as a friend you can always change the tickets for another night at no cost if you suddenly can't go :)

#3 Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

View Postguest, on 03 November 2010 - 03:54 PM, said:

Plus, the greatest bonus, if you book as a friend you can always change the tickets for another night at no cost if you suddenly can't go :)

You can do that as a non-member, at some venues anyway - I exchanged my ticket for Ghost Stories (at the ATG-run Duke of York's) for another performance with no fee charged.

#4 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

View PostMarius Pontmercy, on 03 November 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

You can do that as a non-member, at some venues anyway - I exchanged my ticket for Ghost Stories (at the ATG-run Duke of York's) for another performance with no fee charged.

That's usually on a per-situation basis. Generally this is only available to members.

#5 SteveL

SteveL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

I have been a member for about a year and it really has been worth the money. I got my membership fee back just on booking fees alone. Being a member means no booking fees on their website. I have also saved heaps more on the discounts I have had on tickets.

I have also got tickets I would not have even got if I wasn't a member. If you go to the theatre a lot and use the ATG theatres a lot it is well worth the money.
Miss Saigon x 14, Phantom of the Opera x 11, Dreamboats and Petticoats x 15, Priscilla Queen of the Desert x 7, Blood Brothers x 27, Love Never Dies x 8, Legally Blonde x 3, Sunset Boulevard x 4, Starlight Express x 7, Sister Act x 3, Flashdance x 5, We Will Rock You x 2, Sweet Charity x 2, Mamma Mia x 2, Les Miserables x 4, Ghost the Musical, Shrek the Musical, Smokey Joes Cafe, Billy Elliot, Jersey Boys, Fantastiks, Dirty Dancing x 2, Legacy Falls, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoats, Evita, Grease x 2, Wicked, The Rise and Fall of Little Voice, Calendar Girls x 2, Hairspray, Thriller x 2, Run for your Wife x 2, Avenue Q x 4, All The Fun Of The Fair, Aspects of Love, Deathtrap, Tap Dogs, Stomp, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Cats, The Lion King, Oliver, Chicago, The 39 Steps, Lend me a Tenor, Crazy for You, Carousel, An Inspector Calls, An Ideal Husband, Hair, Woman in Black

#6 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for your  replies, think I'll sign up!

#7 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

Interesting to read these, ive been a member for best part of a year and wont be renewing.  I think if you have an Ambassadors theatre as your local it is worht it, but if you just go to London to see shows but dont live there, then I found it isnt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users