Coram Boy - The Fuss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Alexandra_*

Guest_Alexandra_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

Skylight, please could you stop being such a fascist about this board, like suddenly you own the place now that you've started posting tens of posts a day? We don't need rules laid down by whatsonstage....it's not school. Of course it's better on the whole if people add to existing threads, but it really doesn't matter if they don't so long as it doesn't get out of hand with 10 threads on one production - what are you going to do, issue detentions? No-one got so upset about this on the old board. Please, just chill.

#12 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:51 AM

Alexandra, I'm chilled.  You're the one getting over excited about my post.  If you look up the thread you'll find I'm not the only poster expressing a view on the issue of duplicates.  You might want to look up the word fascist at the same time.

#13 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

Count me in Skylight's 'fascist' camp. There are already 10 threads on Equus and I'm sure there will be more since some posters can't bear adding to someone else's threads when they can start a new one. It seems fairly obvious that if this continues, there will be at least 10 shows that have a dozen threads each. How will anyone be able to have an interesting discussion when every new point is made in a different thread?

Part of the problem is that guests have the same ability as members to start threads. Surely that could be limited?

#14 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

I have to say thay I feel that i do not mind your pov, what I do take offence to is you rude, bitchy rewards. Kind of responses that give Gay people a bad rep ................. btw apologise in advance if you r not gay, Be nice and your point carries more weight !

#15 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(In the Know @ Feb 28 2007, 10:04 PM) View Post
I have to say thay I feel that i do not mind your pov, what I do take offence to is you rude, bitchy rewards. Kind of responses that give Gay people a bad rep ................. btw apologise in advance if you r not gay, Be nice and your point carries more weight !

So now we have speculations as to sexuality to add into the mix.  Nice.

#16 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1777 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

Yes, how unfortunate (and a breach of the rules). You could have made your point, In The Know, without reference to Skylight's supposed sexual orientation.  Shame on you.

#17 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

I really feel you need to get over yourself Skylight - I have read a number of your comments and post , many of which seem bitchy or offensive.

I really am not interesting in yours or anyone else sexuality - I am gay and the bitterness you express in some of you comments remind me of failed actors I know, who feel some sense of grandeur in insulting those with opposing views or those less educated.

Many people are new to this board and are still getting use to it - we are not all technical wizards and many were use to the old board !

So in future have some patience and prehaps a little patience to those who are happy to be less arrogant !

Matt

#18 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Mar 1 2007, 11:40 AM) View Post
Yes, how unfortunate (and a breach of the rules).

Shame on you too , I apologise for my assumption, but to have a pool for people to talk about their sexually practice was on this website within a week !

Who cares !!!

#19 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

A new thread was started on a play for which there was an existing thread. One or two people mentioned this. And now ^^

Funny how discussions develop sometimes.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#20 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

Dear me In the Know for someone so in the know you couldn't have got it more wrong (as those on here who do know me could confirm).  You and your txt spk are providing a great deal of amusement though so keep going.  Oh and I'd be interested to see my "offensive" posts.  But maybe you haven't got the time?  That would involve reading threads after all which by your own admission is not something you are keen to do.

Interesting gay stereotyping by the way.  I wonder how it would have gone down if I (not gay) had made the same comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users