24 replies to this topic

#21 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

Skylight, read your posts #6 and #9 above - unnecessarily rude, I'd say, which was presumably what Matt was referring to.

Of course I was rude too, calling you a fascist (a person of authoritarian views - particularly about message boards). But something tells me you can take it. wink.gif

#22 Jaybee

Jaybee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Isn't there something hypocritical about moaning about the correct use of threads, in a thread tha twas meant to be about Coram Boy? God this kind of natter must be REALLY unfriendly and offputting to people who aren't regular users?

#23 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

Alexandra I would agree that my posts were pointed but in my defence there were responses.  If you dish it out you gotta be able to take it back.  wink.gif

JB this isn't the Coram Boy thread - there's another one for posting about the play. *irony emoticon*  

I note that WOS has restricted posting to registered members. blink.gif

#24 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

It's a shame some animosity has resulted from what was, at its heart, a reasonable point that was being made, i.e. that a frequent gripe about the old board was multiple thread posting on one topic largely as a result of its format, and that this style of board should help to avoid that. Skylight was, I'm sure, merely wanting to express frustration (that some of us share) that posters on this new board sometimes didn't seem to be noticing that a thread already existed for their chosen topic, resulting the same thing happening as happened on the old board - on a new format where it should be more avoidable. Ultimately, that's at the root of these exchanges.

I take your point jaybee, hopefully things will settle down though.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#25 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

bored now !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users