3 replies to this topic

#1 achilles

achilles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

If you can, do try to catch David Bintley's new Cyrano for Birmingham Royal Ballet. It's touring for a few weeks, and I've just come back from weeping buckets at the Lowry in Salford. You would think with it's plot that depends on the written word and dialogue and all manner of literate images that it shouldn't work, but it does....brilliantly. Those not used to ballet might raise an eyebrow at dancing soldiers and nuns, but I defy anyone not to cry buckets at the end. I certainly did. A great looking, moving show.

#2 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

i would like to see it.

DB has created some fantastic full length ballets over the years, Far from the madding crowd and Edward were fantastic. I wasn't so keen on Arthur

the reviews for Cyrano wern't great, are they justified?

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#3 achilles

achilles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

I thought it a magnificent evening. David Bintley's favourite pieces of mine are the one act Still Life at the Penguin cafe, The Shakespeare suite, Nutcracker Sweeties, and then the full ength Hobson's Choice.

#4 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(achilles @ Feb 25 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post
I thought it a magnificent evening. David Bintley's favourite pieces of mine are the one act Still Life at the Penguin cafe, The Shakespeare suite, Nutcracker Sweeties, and then the full ength Hobson's Choice.

Yes, his Hobson's Choice is excellent!!

I won't be called a baggage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users