#771 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ Nov 20 2009, 10:38 PM) View Post
I had one of those bad experiences yesterday as a birthday treat my father had gotten us tickets to see my favourite Swedish theatre group, a small company that often does Shakespeare in the commedia dell'arte tradition (their take on Macbeth remains the funniest night I've ever spent at a theatre, my jaws were sore for days afterwards from all that laughing, but this time they were doing Chekhov).

The woman sitting behind me seemed to be dead set on trying to screamingly laugh as loudly as she possibly could, even when there was no punch line being delivered, and not only did she drown out the lines, but she also had my ears aching before we were even halfway through the first act.

And it wasn't a natural laughter, it was a "look at me, and how much I appreciate and understand this" sort of screeching hyena kind of laughter, which even had people sitting four rows further in front turning around just to see who the loony was that had apparently gotten a day pass from the local institution.

When I turned on her after the first act ended she was totally unapologetic and in fact plain rude goodness knows I was SO near punching her in the face that I don't even know how I managed to restrain myself.

We moved seats at the interval, but the wailing banshee continued on, prompting even the actors (probably to her extreme satisfaction) to comment on her behaviour in their adlibbing, with comments like "can someone remove that one from the auditorium" and "you should see a doctor about that, you know".  Really, some people shouldn't be allowed out without a keeper, that's for sure.

that reminds me of one of the regular patrons we had at my previous venue who was nicknamed "Mr Random Laugher" as he had a very distincitve laugh and always laughed in the wrong places. We had to warm companies if he was in in case they got completely thrown (especially as he always at at the front)

Seb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users