#71 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostThe Suburbanite, on 03 June 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

Me too, I'm thinking of queueing tomorrow - anyone tried it and have an idea of a good time? I recall people saying it wasn't very busy.

I went on a Saturday matinee and got my ticket from Tkts as I didn't know there were day seats, but I saw someone buy one when I got to the theatre so they can't have been overrun. The rows at the front weren't full either, but I believe it closes soon doesn't it, so it may be slightly busier?

#72 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Finished now, so of little relevance, but I arrived on the final day with little less than an hour til sales, there were 3 people in the queue. I went to the matinee. It was okay, watchable but quickly became monotonic - he aggressing, she whining. I did quite enjoy his barely-suppressed violence, I thought it was a good performance. That character gets all the best chops though, the sister doesn't get much to do other than be whiny. Overall, I'm glad I only paid £10. Front row's good at the Vaudeville isn't it - has it got the lowest WE stage?

Really irritated (during the performance) by some gushing fangirls in the second row. At the end when I got up to leave I saw it was (I assumed) a mother and 2 daughters.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#73 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

Went to the Friday night performance. Thought both Matthew and Olivia were good (he clearly has the more developed role I think) but thought the play was a little dull overall.

Plus it was one of the most distracting audiences I've ever experienced. Only 1 act and yet lots of people getting up and going I presume to the toilet and coming back making lots of noise and lots of fidgeting in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users