What's Happening With Connie Fisher?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_chris_*

Guest_chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

I've just noticed that there are now only four venues with ticket sales still showing. I know Sheffield, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Blackpool, Mayflower have all announced it's cancellation. Does that mean the whole tour is cancelled, and it is just slow notification from the remaining venues, or were the cancelled venues not selling or what? Or is she cancelling because something more lucrative has come along?

#2 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(chris @ Feb 13 2008, 11:26 PM) View Post
I've just noticed that there are now only four venues with ticket sales still showing. I know Sheffield, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Blackpool, Mayflower have all announced it's cancellation. Does that mean the whole tour is cancelled, and it is just slow notification from the remaining venues, or were the cancelled venues not selling or what? Or is she cancelling because something more lucrative has come along?

The last entry on her official blog here is over 2 months old.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#3 ianianian

ianianian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:38 AM

Perhaps she has got a part in Hollyoaks  tongue.gif

#4 Legend

Legend

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

Look's to me as if she has got herself another gig.

#5 Guest_Guest_figgy1978_*_*

Guest_Guest_figgy1978_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

According to The Mayflower she has prior commitments on that day.  Strange that the Bernstein concert has been cancelled too

WOS Story

#6 MrsSlocombe

MrsSlocombe

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

I have three front row tickets for this at the Manchester Opera House - my Gran thinks she's wonderful  rolleyes.gif
I haven't heard anything about a refund but notice it's now not in the listings.
On checking, the tickets didn't seem to be selling particularly well - although the new season programme doesn't come out until the end of the month.

x

#7 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the info: interesting.

See Tickets (usual booking agency of ALW, whose production this tour is [or was?])
has only 1 venue listed, & even that says "event cancelled".

Ticketmaster seems to have 3 separate listings pages for the tour,
though for almost all the venues listed it says Cancelled:
only Bristol & Oxford don't say Cancelled,
though clicking through for Bristol Ticketmaster says currently not available online;
leaving just Oxford seemingly bookable (it did offer me a ticket for Oxford).

Maybe Connie's been offered a good role in something which clashes?

#8 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Guest_figgy1978_* @ Feb 14 2008, 12:59 PM) View Post
According to The Mayflower she has prior commitments on that day.  Strange that the Bernstein concert has been cancelled too

WOS Story

Connie Fisher's Tour HAS been called off, according to the extra paragraph at the foot of that WoS Bernstein article:

A separate, subsequent Connie Fisher tour has also been called off. Its producers, Really Useful Group and Phil McIntyre, have cited a clash of commitments. Connie Fisher on Tour was due to open at Blackpool Opera House on 31 May 2008 and then play a series of one-night only stints in Edinburgh, Sheffield, Manchester, Bournemouth, Bristol, Nottingham, Oxford, Liverpool, Cardiff, Plymouth, Brighton and Birmingham, where the schedule would have ended on 25 June 2008. Again, producers are hoping to reschedule the concert tour on alternative dates.

#9 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Orchestrator @ Feb 14 2008, 12:12 AM) View Post
The last entry on her official blog here is over 2 months old.

That blog ends by saying:

Also some very exciting news is that i'm going to be a part of andrew lloyd webber's 60th birthday celebration tour...the tour will be across the uk and i believe tickets are being advertised already....would love to meet you guys at that stage door too!

#10 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

I think this is very strange!

There are only so many alternatives. One of those is that ticket sales have just been too dreadful, but I can't say that I think that that is very likely. I haven't tried to buy any, so have no idea re what availability was still being offered. But surely, if advance sales were so bad, special offers and discounts would have been visible, and to my knowledge they haven't been. And the fact that both the tour and the Bernstein concert have been cancelled at the same time, has to be significant. It has to be some other factor that has actively stopped both!

And I don't think there is any doubt that Connie is a huge favourite of ALW. Would she risk that advantage by pulling out of the RUG produced tour, unless it was at RUG's instigation for RUG purposes? The other proper big ALW birthday concerts that he talked about on his blog, but re which nothing has since been heard? Whatever, I think it has to be something to do with RUG. Still it is odd that there hasn't been explanation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users