#11 dazzle

dazzle

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Biddy @ Feb 14 2008, 04:33 PM) View Post
That blog ends by saying:
As i understand it Connies tour has been cancelled due a lack of ticket sales.Given the fact that there was still 3months to go before the start on this tour and that there had been no promotion or press  advertising its small wonder that joe blogs who do not belong to these forums will never find out about it.If the likes of Barbra Striesland,Lisa Minelle,Westlife, i could go on rely on press advertising for their concerts i feel the promoters have really let Connie down badly

#12 dazzle

dazzle

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

Hi,As i understand it the concerts were cancelled because of poor ticket sales.I think Connie has been let down by the promoters who havent even promoted this tour in the press and with at least 3 months to go were very short sigthed to the fact that unless you were on a forum the majority of the public would not have known about them unless you lived in the vicinity of a venue.If the likes of Babra Streisland,Lisa Minelli,Westlife need to have publicity in the press for their concerts then Connie too should have had this publicity too.I look forward as soon as possible to seeing her back in the West End where she belongs.Onwards and Upwards

#13 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(dazzle @ Feb 17 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post
As i understand it Connies tour has been cancelled due a lack of ticket sales.Given the fact that there was still 3months to go before the start on this tour and that there had been no promotion or press  advertising

There HAS been Press advertising.

I myself became aware of Connie's tour through seeing a coloured advert, several weeks ago,
which I'm almost sure was in the Sunday Times 'Culture' mag.
It was quite prominent: at the top left of a left-hand page if I remember rightly -
maybe about 4"x3" in size.

----------------------------------

However, I don't know if there were adverts in publications which might be likely to reach more of the TVseries audience?

Eg John Barrowman's autobiography had a HALF-page advert in the Radio Times....

#14 dazzle

dazzle

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

Thats why then if it was in the Times hardly the popular Press.

#15 Guest_Guest_figgy1978_*_*

Guest_Guest_figgy1978_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

She was also on various shows such as This Morning and BBC Breakfast advertising it

#16 Guest_JR_*

Guest_JR_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

"Worse, her 13-venue nationwide lap of triumph, titled Connie Fisher on Tour, beginning on 31 May in Blackpool and ending in late June in Birmingham, has also been cancelled. The producers, The Really Useful Group and Phil McIntyre, cite "a clash of commitments" as the reason. The real reason seems to be a disastrous lack of interest. At the Cardiff International Arena, which can hold audiences of 4,500, only 200 tickets had been sold after a month. "  The Independent

#17 Gabz31

Gabz31

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

Again it was lack of promotion! she will be back!

#18 Guest_Guest_dazzle_*_*

Guest_Guest_dazzle_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quite right Gaby.Connie will most certainly be back.The SOM will not be same.The role was madefor her.There will be other roles for her.The only time i have heard the tour mentioned was on BBC breakfast.Her tour and forthcoming album was casually mentioned at the end of the interview. she was on primarily to promote someone else in her role in the SOM and the upcoming Oliver search for a Nancy for a new production of that Musical

#19 Guest_Safehands_*

Guest_Safehands_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

I remember seeing it advertised in the Christmas edition of the Radio Times next to the John Barrowman tour advert.

I agree with most that her role of maria in the SOM will be hard to beat

Here's hoping we see her soon

#20 RachelW

RachelW

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

I have to say i havent seen any advertisment for Connies tour!
I must admit i didnt look all that hard, but then should i have had to?!?!???

I would probably have 'thought' about going along had the tickets been reasonable and she had been coming somewhere near me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users