1 reply to this topic

#1 GEvans

GEvans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hi
Im about to graduate and I am desperate for work experience in any design area with in the theatre, ideally I would like a production assistant placement but I am willing to take anything to get my foot in the door. I am considering doing a master in Film Making but I'm not sure to will be worth it when I could get a job after university and possible be trained. If anyone could give me any info on the industry or offer of work experience I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Genevieve

#2 Guest_bexi_*

Guest_bexi_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi,

Production and design within theatre are quite different areas. I'd suggest firtly focus on the area you want to go into and research it thoroughly.

Work experience depends on your experience - places like the Royal Opera House offer a good 1/2 week w/e in different areas. I know it's cliché but look into local theatre companies that might take on interns.  In my experience you're unlikely to get design work experience without any prior knowledge of design. Am dram groups are often looking for production help so if you have no experience that might be a good place to start. Alternatively look on arts jobs/stage jobs pro - although paid work is pretty hard to come by!

All the best  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users