- - - - -

Adrian Hansel & Liam Tamne

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Trigger_*

Guest_Trigger_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Don't think it's being recorded! We are just going to have to savour the live performance and really enjoy the fact that these two are performing together, who knows when we'll have the chance to see them again and in such an intimate setting as Upstairs at the Gatehouse. REALLY looking forward to it!!!!!

#12 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

for those fans of Adrian Hansel, he recorded a track for the multi talented singer/sonwriter David Flynn called "Big Boys Dont Cry"  you can hear it at the site below

http://www.myspace.c...pooldavid/music
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#13 Guest_Trigger_*

Guest_Trigger_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

Apologies for the double post!

#14 Guest_Ruth_*

Guest_Ruth_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Tickets are booked for this- great line up! Does anyone know which composers songs they will be singing?

#15 Guest_Trigger_*

Guest_Trigger_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Can't wait for tomorrow night! Who else is coming? It's gonna be fab!

#16 Guest_hairspray 909_*

Guest_hairspray 909_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:00 AM

GATE HOUSE!! SNS ADRIAN HANSEL!! XXXXX hot hot hot hot!!
ok so i live near brighton was gonna wait but i just came back from SNS concert at the gatehouse in archway
it did not dissapoint! apart from adrian kissed a girl right infront of me!! JEALOUS!! ha they sang scott allans journey! IT WAS AMAZING!
i also loved you gotta run ..not sure where from but the girls sang it and it was brill! lieam tamne stood out as a highlight for me
we all know what adrian can do but was shocked at kiss the air lieam sang! it was fantastic but i was in tears at the duet adrian hansel [swooon] and lieam tamne sang
TOGETHER!! blessing by scott allan who would of thought! great night great singers[they were all great just not sure on names] can't wait till next time!!
but till then early start tomorrow and bed for me!! what a night! of to dream of a certain someone...........xAHx......
ps what happenend to adam ellis?
pps ANYONE ELSE WATCH?! xxx

#17 Guest_xglee2beethree_*

Guest_xglee2beethree_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

:)  YES!  we were out in force!! i thought the whole cast were ace!! agreed about adrian he looked fantastic! but his first song he sung [no clue what its called songdhiem song] i loved it was laid back and different!i really enjoyed simon! sure thats his name funny songs funny guy,the girls were great and ready to be loved WHICH I LOVE! was sung well and everyone seemed to be having fun!kiss the air i did enjoy it maybe a bit overdone by him  .... but blessing was outstanding it would of been cool for a boys number because there all so different are adrian and ashley related ? both just great! next one please!!  :D

#18 Guest_kerry1-1_*

Guest_kerry1-1_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

i'm next door! ha xx

#19 Guest_Trigger_*

Guest_Trigger_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

The Show, what can I say.....FANTASTIC!

I thought everything about it was great,the choice of material (alot of which I had never heard before) was brilliant.

The CAST did a fantastic job, Adrian Hansel sang beautifully in his solos and THE BLESSING (duet with LIAM TAMNE)were a highlight but I have to say THE JOURNEY (duet with LAURA COTTRELL)was magnificent, I am not sure why have never seen her perform before, her voice was incredible and her solo was also great. LIAM was as always on top form, the other girls NATALIE HOPE and EMMA HATTON were also very very good. ASHLEY CAMPBELL did a great job with one my favourite songs(And The Rain Keeps Falling)SIMON OULDRED (who also I haven't heard much about) had a lovely voice but was also extremely funny his solo about stalking was indeed a stand out moment for me. An Announcement was made at the beginning that due to illness ADAM ELLIS would not be performing and was being covered by another performer DAVID ? (sorry didn't catch the surname)who I think also did a terrific job. All in All an absoloutely FANTASTIC night out, and loved the fact it wasn't your usual concert of west end singers where they just get up to a mic and sing all the songs had settings and made it feel like a proper show.

PS.Having read the biogs on the Sunday Nght Singers website (www.sundaynightsingers.co.uk) I see that both SIMON OULDRED and LAURA COTTRELL are also part of THE WEST END GOSPEL CHOIR, if their two voices are an indication to the standard of the choir then thats one hell of a choir. Apparently the The West End Gospel Choir are going to be supporting at this years WHATSONSTAGE AWARDS (which I am going to) so now am very much looking forward to that.

CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER OF THESE SUNDAY NIGHT SINGERS!!!!

#20 Guest_Emily_*

Guest_Emily_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

This is the first one of these Sunday Night Singer's shows that i've seen - and WOW! I'll be booking up every single one in future!

I HAD to comment because there are sooo many things to say about this show. There wasn't a weak link in the whole cast! But everyone has a favourite right?! In my case it was Ashley Campbell - Oh. My. Wow. I'd have paid triple my ticket price just to hear "and the rain keeps falling down" again. Not only because his vocals were to die for - but because his performances are totally honest - there was not a hint of pretence and i believed every single word he sung. I think what Ashley has can't be taught - and i'd watch it again and again if i could!! (He's easy on the eye too... hehe!)

For me the "voices" of the show were Laura Cottrell, Liam Tamne and Adrian Hansel. I've not heard of Laura before? The girls voice is insane! would love to see her perform again. Her duet with Adrian Hansel (The Journey) totally gave me goosebumps - these two voices were meant to be heard together!! Laura also sang "Quiet" - i've heard this song done loads of times, and this version was definitely up there with the best.
Liam Tamne has an insane talent - I've seen him sing "Kiss The Air" on YouTube so it was amazing to see it in real life. I must say, i'd like to hear him sing this a bit more "straight" - but hey - if i could riff like that, i'd be all over it!!!
Liam and Adrian singing "the blessing" made me cry - i dont have words to describe how stunning this was!!

The girl who sung "girl from 14G" (natalie? sorry can't remember all their names) can definitely pack a punch - she's got some lungs on her!!

Simon (? again names, sorry) singing "to excess" (is it called that?!?) was HILARIOUS - he has what i'd describe as an immaculate "glee" voice - minus the naff autotuning - awesome!

"therapy" was really well done - and the guy standing in for Adam Ellis (again, name?!) deserves a mention - he didn't even look nervous! I liked him - his acting was good - would have liked to heard a bit more of his voice, he had some lush vibrato going on!

All in all, this show was A-MAZING!
Maybe next time there could be some dialogue introducing the songs?

finally, Ashley Campbell, I love you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users