#21 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Marius @ Feb 27 2007, 03:45 PM) View Post
Also I disagree, yes some productions you do forget the details on, but some productions have stayed with me and have been more than a fleeting moment!

I agree with this.

I have seen Phantom of the Opera 11 times and each time I see something new, or someone brings new meaning to lyrics and it never gets dull for me.

I won't be called a baggage!

#22 xTanyax

xTanyax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Singing, dancing, acting, musicals, trampolining, spending time with friends.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

I always see new things in shows that i've seen more than once there is always just so much going on. I've seen G&Ds 14 and always find something new especially when a new cast come in and bring their own things to the chracters

#23 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:47 PM

I would love to see some play productions again: not enough time, not enough money. But I would see Guys and Dolls regularly once a month as a pick me up. I just don't. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

I go to the theatre a lot and sometimes when I see a 'new' play I sit there thinking the price of the ticket is equivalent to going and seeing Les Mis again... LM is my favourite show and I'm into double figures for seeing it over the past 3 or 4 years since first seeing it. It's never the same as the first time but it's still a better experience for me than some of the other plays/musicals I've seen so happily go back but having said that haven't seen it for about 6 months or so. Keen on maybe going in July when maybe get new principals. Otherwise, I've seen Phantom 3 or so times Wicked twice and Mary Poppins twice. I would moreso go to a musical multiple times than a play, on the whole. As far as why, well I am continually moved by LM - the music the singing...just moves me.

#25 Guest_Guest_Edgar_*_*

Guest_Guest_Edgar_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

I can understand seeing a long running show a few times, but something like Guys and Dolls which hasn't been running that long ... I've seen Avenue Q three times, but it was comps each time.  I wouldn't pay to see a show more than ... twice, possibly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users