#1 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

as above really!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#2 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(Laughingmonsta @ Mar 13 2008, 06:03 PM) View Post
as above really!

I totally agree. Is ALW sponsoring WoS now? Does he not get enough publicity?

Talk about jumping on a bandwagon.
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

#3 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Yes, I thought this was a THEATRE discussion board rather than one for low budget TV advertising.

#4 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

Yes, one thread would be sufficient, but do you actually think that's what we'll get? We already have occasional situations where there are several threads about one show, and a couple of weeks into the competition the fans of some talentless no-hoper will get wind of this place and we'll be inundated with hundreds of posts from a multitude of guest*. At least this subforum gives us a dumping ground for messages from the sort of deranged nutters who think their adorèd is capable of playing every role ever written and is guaranteed a place in Lloyd Webber's next show.

(*The use of the singular is deliberate.)
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

This is quite clearly a paid for thread and way out of order. Its getting to something when a discussion board purposely tries to direct people to yet another unwanted casting show....anyone agree just add your name to the list!

#6 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 13 2008, 08:52 PM) View Post
This is quite clearly a paid for thread and way out of order. Its getting to something when a discussion board purposely tries to direct people to yet another unwanted casting show....anyone agree just add your name to the list!

I agree and add my name to the list (worryingly making myself the person who has posted most in this subforum so far...)

Slightly offtopic, guest, why don't you add your name to the list (i.e. sign up!)?

#7 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

Have to agree with Matthew Winn...why not have a separate thread?  'Bound to be a zillion people posting one way or another and might as well have a, er, "dumping ground"

Besides, we're all going to have something to say about it, yes?  Not like ALW is going to have any of the Registered flocking to the show because of a thread on WOS.  (And I have to admit, I'm a little bit intrigued to hear any kind of gos from guest*.  Singular.)

So...whatever?
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#8 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 13 2008, 08:52 PM) View Post

Obviously. Many, many people will see this and think "Well, I wasn't going to watch yet another reality casting show, but having a forum about it has changed my mind". It's a well-known fact that Internet discussion boards are the driving force and primary determining factor behind the popularity of theatrical productions. That's why shows never spend any money on publicity these days, but organise Internet forums instead.

Hang on a second. I need to drape a blanket over my TV so the government can't watch me.

QUOTE(David @ Mar 13 2008, 09:03 PM) View Post
Slightly offtopic, guest, why don't you add your name to the list (i.e. sign up!)?

Because if They know your name They can control your mind. Do you know nothing?
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#9 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

I think this is a VERY good idea.

I'm fed up with multiple threads. It's a shame we can't create one for every major West End production.

Good choice WOS.

#10 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(bananafrit @ Mar 13 2008, 11:21 PM) View Post
I think this is a VERY good idea.

I'm fed up with multiple threads. It's a shame we can't create one for every major West End production.

Good choice WOS.

I think with the amount of Mods we have threads should easily be able to be kept into one - its very easy to move posts on a forum to another thread! it just means moderators do what they are meant to do moderate!

I doubt this is a WOS decision, more like by the defensive nature of his posts a Matthew Winn decision!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users