Katie Rowley-jones From Wicked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_DameJulie_*

Guest_DameJulie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(Jonny @ Mar 16 2008, 12:10 AM) View Post
Francesca Jackson auditioning for Denise Van Outen... hardly impartial is it... that's if DvO actually bothered to learn her Rent cast mates names...

Well lets HOPE they got on in rent then!!!

We could do with someone of that quality in the competition - another Lee Mead! if they didnt get on then she could be straight out!!!

#12 Guest_John Paul_*

Guest_John Paul_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(DameJulie @ Mar 16 2008, 01:04 AM) View Post
Well lets HOPE they got on in rent then!!!

We could do with someone of that quality in the competition - another Lee Mead! if they didnt get on then she could be straight out!!!

Francesca Jackson was in the final 18 that performed last Monday evening at the Theatre Royal, Stratford East. So too, was Sarah Lark, another pro, who was in The Witches of Eastwick amongst other things. I believe both of them are through to the final 12 who will sing on TV each week.

How many other girls in there have performed in the West End?

#13 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE(John Paul @ Mar 16 2008, 03:00 AM) View Post
Francesca Jackson [...] Sarah Lark
How many other girls in there have performed in the West End?

There was a Tara Williams from Conwy in Bugsy Malone at the Queen's in 1997, but from the quality of the photograph and lack of bio I can't be sure whether she's the same Tara Williams from Wales in I'd Do Anything.

Helen French is a professional who's done some West End work and quite a few regional shows.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

I think Francesca Jackson will do well. She has a beautiful rich deep tone to her voice and is really likeable and warm. I met her after one of the rent remixed performances a couple of months back. I think like Lee Mead she taken a chance because Nancy is her dream role. I hope their isn't some form of media backlash over her connection to DVO, but I don't suppose their will be...Lead Mead's connections to Bill Kenwright were forgotten v. quick last year!

#15 Meirion

Meirion

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Mar 16 2008, 07:16 AM) View Post
There was a Tara Williams from Conwy in Bugsy Malone at the Queen's in 1997, but from the quality of the photograph and lack of bio I can't be sure whether she's the same Tara Williams from Wales in I'd Do Anything.

It is the same Tara. She is mainly known as Tara Bethan- She does a lot on welsh tv these days!

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

Nancy Sullivan is one of the 42 on the bbc website, she played chloe in the original tour of Never Forget.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

There's Rachel Tucker, too, who was in Rent in Dublin and the UK tour of Tonight's the Night.

#18 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(Meirion @ Mar 16 2008, 08:34 PM) View Post
It is the same Tara. She is mainly known as Tara Bethan- She does a lot on welsh tv these days!

Thanks. The same NYMT production of Bugsy Malone also included people such as Sheridan Smith, Francesca Jackson and Michael Jibson, along with a thirteen year old Warren Sollars who'd later go on to be praised as "a natural dance captain" when he competed in Musicality, so she was in good company.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#19 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Laughingmonsta @ Mar 15 2008, 09:26 PM) View Post
there are 50 people through to nancy school only 42 videos are shown!

I think Graham said on the show 42 had got through to Nancy School.

And he also said Less Than Half of those would then perform for ALW & Guests.

And I think 12 would be put through to the televised shows where we can vote.

#20 Guest_Em4C_*

Guest_Em4C_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Am I hallucinating, or in the first few minutes of last night's show they also showed Mary Doherty (currently in Avenue Q) auditioning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users