88 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

Within five minutes I was already bored with hearing Andrew Lloyd Webber and Graham Norton banging on about how they've revolutionised theatre. They've cast exactly two roles so far. Revolutions are generally a little more revolutionary than that.

I can't understand why some people bothered to audition. ALW may be looking for someone different, but not someone who disdains normal notes and invents new notes never previously experienced by the human ear. Some of them are worse singers than I am, and my voice is so awful that when I sing cats throw old boots at me. Did they really think they were in with a chance?

Note to auditionees (1): Nobody cares that you've been dreaming of doing this all your life. They're looking for people with talent, not people who wish they had talent.

Note to auditionees (2): The panel know what they're looking for. You don't. If they say you're wrong, you're wrong. Telling them that they're the ones who are wrong makes you look like an idiot.

I really sympathise with the panel. It must have been horrible for them. But I did love the woman who had them all laughing. She's utterly wrong for the role, but she must have been a welcome change.

The only names I recognise are Helen French and Sarah Lark. Here's hoping they do well.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

I can't remember her name - but already i'll put money on the girl who wore the yellow dress and had dark curly hair winning the whole thing!!!

#3 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

The one who was there on a date, made everyone laugh, I can really see as Lady of the Lake...  not sure about Nancy tho!
###Belle###

#4 wiggley

wiggley

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

I see the salacious Denise Van Outen is back. Lloyd Webber must be releived that they're not casting a
20-something male role.

#5 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:13 AM

Was I the only person that recognised Nancy Sullivan from the Never Forget tour? She was even given a sob story video aswell. Shame they forgot to mention she had recently been touring the country with a massive show, though.

I still want her to win, though.

#6 Guest_benchgirl139_*

Guest_benchgirl139_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Gavin @ Mar 16 2008, 02:13 AM) View Post
Was I the only person that recognised Nancy Sullivan from the Never Forget tour? She was even given a sob story video aswell. Shame they forgot to mention she had recently been touring the country with a massive show, though.

I still want her to win, though.

I recognised Nancy from the Never Forget tour and also Francesca Jackson who played Joanne in Rent Remixed. Funnily enough Denise Van

#7 Guest_Benchy_*

Guest_Benchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(benchgirl139 @ Mar 16 2008, 08:09 AM) View Post
I recognised Nancy from the Never Forget tour and also Francesca Jackson who played Joanne in Rent Remixed. Funnily enough Denise Van

I recognised Nany from Never Forget. Also Francesca Jackson who played Maureen in Rent Remixed. Funnily enough Denise Van Outen Played Joanne in the same production and they were on stage lovers. I really hope that Francesca does well though as she is the best musical actress I have seen in ages and she would be great for the part!

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(Benchy @ Mar 16 2008, 08:12 AM) View Post
I recognised Nany from Never Forget. Also Francesca Jackson who played Maureen in Rent Remixed. Funnily enough Denise Van Outen Played Joanne in the same production and they were on stage lovers. I really hope that Francesca does well though as she is the best musical actress I have seen in ages and she would be great for the part!

Forgive me I got the characters mixed up. Francesca played Joanne and Denise Maureen.

#9 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

Having not seen the Never Forget tour I didn't know Nancy Sullivan but she was the one that as soon as I saw her there was something about her that just made me think she was right for the role.

I do know that the final 12 has two or three professionals.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#10 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(angelfan @ Mar 16 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post
Having not seen the Never Forget tour I didn't know Nancy Sullivan but she was the one that as soon as I saw her there was something about her that just made me think she was right for the role.

I do know that the final 12 has two or three professionals.

I thought Nancy was the best audition we saw.  
She actually acted the song and made it very emotional.  

Did anyone else see Tasha Sheridan from Moma Mia arguing with JB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users