- - - - -

Initial Impressions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

That's very funny Mr Winn... that really cracked me up.

#22 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Also is Sir Cameron going to be on the TV panel or not?

No, he's not.  As I've posted before the judges comprise John Barrowman, Denise Van Outen, Barry Humphries and ALW.  Cameron and ALW will choose the boys to play Oliver.  I did read that Cameron will appear in the studio in for the semi-final and final.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#23 Guest_Guest_georgiegirl_*_*

Guest_Guest_georgiegirl_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Only one person really stood out and that was Nancy

#24 Guest_Guest_JIJane_*_*

Guest_Guest_JIJane_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

That's because it was edited that way. We haven't even seen most of the finalists and what they can do, I really would not judge until we have seen them each perform a solo on love television.

#25 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

Maybe not but my money is on MANAL EL-FEITURY - when the bookies take odds i'll be there and I bet i'll be quids in!!!

#26 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Guest_JIJane_* @ Mar 17 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post
That's because it was edited that way. We haven't even seen most of the finalists and what they can do, I really would not judge until we have seen them each perform a solo on love television.

Presumably they'll be asked to show their suitability for the role by singing songs associated with Aretha Franklin, Madonna and Kiri Te Kanewa. Or songs from The Lion King.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#27 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(Guest_JIJane_* @ Mar 17 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post
I really would not judge until we have seen them each perform a solo on love television.

I always thought that "Oliver" was supposed to be a family show!!  laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

#28 JIJane

JIJane

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Lol at orchestrator, good point.  wink.gif And OOOPS live television obviously!  ohmy.gif

#29 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 17 2008, 01:45 PM) View Post
"I can't really see an obvious Oliver yet but I believe they are correct in wanting to find someone who is a lot more streetwise and tough looking than the film Oliver."

Surely the point of Oliver is that he isn't streetwise and struggles to handle the environment he finds himself in?

Not neccessarily.  I think he's probably not hugely streetwise having begun life in a workhouse but I think he is a tough little trooper. He has the guts to approach Mr Bumble who he should be terrified of and ask for more, he doesn't hesistate to try and beat up Noah Claypole and then have a screaming match with Mrs Sowerberry, he runs off to London on his own, fits easily in with this tough crowd of theives and makes a good attemopt at standing up to Bill Sykes, the most feared man in London.  I think that would suggest that he's quite tough and not a weedly little irritant as portrayed in the musical film.

I don't know what Dickens originally intended as I've not yet read the book.

I won't be called a baggage!

#30 Elle

Elle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

Yes I personally would've liked to have seen more of Cam Mac (great pub scene with him, ALW and GN)... and less of Denise Van Outen and dare I say just a bit less of John Barrowman. At least David Grindrod is interesting... looking forward to next week... no favourites personal favourites... yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users