88 replies to this topic

#81 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

I can only base my opinion of Francesca on what I've seen of her on the show.  When I made the mistake of going to see RENT Remixed Francesca was off due to illness.  She was ill during the second part of the audition process and, personally, I don't think she should've been put through.  I posted the comments from Zoe Tyler as she seemed to be of the same opinion as me even though everyone in this Forum was defending Francesca.  Obviously she has fans on here so they're not going to like anyone saying anything negative about her.  I just don't think someone who's ill a lot would be very reliable.  Look at Martine McCutcheon (and, yes, I know people are going to say she wasn't a proper stage actress like Francesca).  I have nothing against Francesca personally but based on what I've seen of her on the show I wouldn't vote for her.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#82 Guest_jean24601_*

Guest_jean24601_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:13 AM

Fair enough.  smile.gif

Keep an eye on her in the programme though cos she (along with Rachel Tucker and Sarah Lark) is very talented so you might change your mind. i wasnt a fan of rent remixed but luke evans and francesca were a pleasure to watch.

#83 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

Luke Evans was the only decent thing about RENT Remixed but he'd have been much better in the original version.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#84 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Having just watched the auditions, I like Francesca Jessie Rachel and Sarah, I thought they were all good. I agree that I could see Jodie as the Lady of the Lake! To me, Tara seems to be like Lewis from ADWD, similar singing style (one I don't like!) but I'm looking forward to see if my opinion of her changes throughout the series (my thoughts on Lewis did not.)
Should be an interesting first show, but so far, unlike on HDYSAPLM and ADWD, no-one clearly stands out.

#85 Guest_itsmebaby_*

Guest_itsmebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

"I just don't think someone who's ill a lot would be very reliable. "

She missed hardly any of the Rent remixed performances even though I wouldnt have blamed her or the rest of the cast to have done so given the total mess this production was. It's also a touch dumb to claim she is ill a lot.

#86 Guest_lukey slimane_*

Guest_lukey slimane_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

I LOVED Rachel's "About you now". I don't think it came across that well at first, but i recorded it and watched it again with the volume turned up. Her voice is AMAZING. She was literally singing all over the song and really threw herself into it and I love that.

The good thing about these shows is that the use of an orchestra really shows up contemporary pop songs up in the harsh light of day. "Suddenly I see" sounded really bland but "About you now" and "Who knew" both felt really melodramatic and strong melodically but then again Dr Luke penned tracks always are.

#87 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

I thought they seemed pretty talented.  I can't remember their names, but I liked 'Cuddly' Nancy (though am sure she won't get it), 'Mad About the Boy' Nancy (okay, I do remember her name - Keisha), 'Hot Pants' Nancy and we're trying to decide about 'Irish, Sings to One Side of Her Mouth' Nancy. 'Addams Family' Nancy was interesting too,perhaps not Nancy, but very pretty.  Wasn't keen on Francesca (and Denise Van Outen seemed very hesitant in her recommendation), but thought Rachel was pretty good in a Lee Mead sort of way.  

My daughter and I are bemoaning the absence of The Men in Black from the Maria series.  Some of the songs seem to be calling out for them.  Almost any number can be livened up by their presence, we feel.

Our predictions for going:  Ashley (Red Hair, Blue Dress Nancy), Francesca or Amy (Scooby Doo Nancy)

What is their farewell song going to be?  'So Long and Be back Soon'?

#88 Guest_Banna_*

Guest_Banna_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(busymum @ Mar 17 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post
I too thought that "Nancy" was the best we saw though clearly we didn't see them all. Wish they wouldn't do the sob story thing though. If they are good enough to win the part they should not have to go for the sympathy votes.

Did not actually recognise Tasha Sheridan but have seen her in Mama Mia. How embarassing to argue with JB. Get a grip girl and move on!
Busymum

Sorry this is backtracking a bit, but what were they arguing about?

#89 gandalf

gandalf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

Tara could always get work as a Heather Mills look a like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users